Orchestrating the cleaning of Senior Living Facilities..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard, without getting into details, has your company ever been sued and what was the outcome? Anyone else?
Yes twice and both times we won...if you can call it that. We paid 15k to collect 7k and then defend ourselves on a countersuit.

The second was 8k to basically inform them we wouldn't be using our insurance. It was a manufacturers defect money grab. They sued everyone on the jobsite because they knew all insurance companies will offer them money to go away even though they weren't at fault. Then they take this nest egg and go after the manufacturer.

It's nasty business dealing with attorneys.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes twice and both times we won...if you can call it that. We paid 15k to collect 7k and then defend ourselves on a countersuit.

The second was 8k to basically inform them we wouldn't be using our insurance. It was a manufacturers defect money grab. They sued everyone on the jobsite because they knew all insurance companies will offer them money to go away even though they weren't at fault. Then they take this nest egg and go after the manufacturer.

It's nasty business dealing with attorneys.
That's one of the reasons I've backed off on restoration. Everyone takes the shotgun approach when suing. Might not have anything to do with you but because you were part of the job, you end up getting sued anyway and have to defend yourself. Wondering if anyone here has been sued for a slip and fall incident?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's one of the reasons I've backed off on restoration. Everyone takes the shotgun approach when suing. Might not have anything to do with you but because you were part of the job, you end up getting sued anyway and have to defend yourself. Wondering if anyone here has been sued for a slip and fall incident?
Not yet but it's scary when your cleaning applies moisture. We had people slip and fall but we were just lucky they weren't hurt. You can do a lot to warn them but you can't eliminate the risk.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not yet but it's scary when your cleaning applies moisture. We had people slip and fall but we were just lucky they weren't hurt. You can do a lot to warn them but you can't eliminate the risk.
I have only 2 people fall and one of them was me. Working on split level tile and just wiped out. I once had a fellow fall down the stairs after I applied a silicon protector. He broke his wrist. I heard it snap. He gets up and says I'm ok but he drove himself to the hospital. Tough guy, not the type who sues, lucky for me. First thing I do before a job is emphasize how slippery the adjacent hard surface floors will be.

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I had a claim from a fall, but not a suit. I blocked a floor with my auto scrubber to keep people from getting on my finished floor. A music director
climbed over my scrubber and fell. My carrier paid. Also, I’ve finished many senior center floors, and the staff are the worse. Go to mopping, go to walking.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got sued on a slip and fall on an apartment hall job. The woman stepped into the elevator and slid down the wall to her ample ass- slowly according to the security camera in the elevator. Notices we're put up, the yellow signs were out and MY insurance company teamed up with the building insurance to give her 20,000 rather than fight the bullshit in court. That was 7 years ago. I still do the building and all the other buildings they own. The funny thing was that a day after her "injury' she went out and bought a brand new yamaha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom