Ordered a tachometer

Name
Swani
Anyone had any luck with one of these? All you do is wrap the wire around the spark plug wire. I find it hard to believe that it will be accurate, but there's only one way to find out, so I ordered it.
Screenshot_20200331-204524_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Anyone had any luck with one of these? All you is wrap the wire around the spark plug wire. I find it hard to believe that it will be accurate, but there's only one way to find out, so I ordered it.
View attachment 98146
I've used them for years. Heat and vibration will shorten their life but pretty accurate.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yep, that's how they work. It fixed a problem my friend had on his 370. For some reason, his throttle was set under 2500rpm and he ran it like that for several months/years. He came to work with me for a day on a big job, and I heard the low rpm instantly. After our day of working, we came back to my house and I hooked up that tach to it and discovered how low it was set at full throttle. Just another reason these big boy truckmount know it alls need to put one on all of these truckmounts. That AND a temp gauge for the engine

Back
Top Bottom