Ordered another Spartan Supreme truck for WDR

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ordered another Spartan Supreme truck for WDR work. It seems a little foolish, what will all of the others WDR trucks just sitting at the moment.

However when the chit hits the fan the only way to capitalize is by being prepared.

Hi my name is Michael.....oops I mean Richard and I have a buying problem! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I have two of those. I live them. Mine are a bit older but they are great to work out of.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are nice, a lot smaller than our Isuzu's and better on the road. We will use the Izuzu's and Butler in a box here in town and the Spartan's for the road. Our Isuzu's are getting older 2000 and 2002 and while I still like the look of them the ride is much better with the Spartan. Smaller and shorter box they feel more like a standard van. More power and responsive which also helps out on the road.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Congrats!

How many trucks do you guys have now?

I've been eye balling a same model npr gas 16 footer that a local auto shop has it here for 4400, the shop owner has it for sale for 7500 but told me he would do it for 4400. It's gas, and he told me over the phone he didn't know the mileage on it, he'd have to go see what it is. It's been sitting for a while it seems on the back of his shop, I just happened to pass by it in the back since I'm always looking for a truck.

Would it be worth having my local van mechanic take a look and do an inspection on it?

Last edited:

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
SoRichard,

This is the single rear wheel?, I noticed they they now offer it in 14'
did you go with 4.8 or 6.0

only thing your realyy have to worry about is the overhang past the rear wheels
the last one i bought we got from ohio, with the composite rear door panels, never rot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Congrats!

How many trucks do you guys have now?

I've been eye balling a same model npr gas 16 footer that a local auto shop has it here for 4400, the shop owner has it for sale for 7500 but told me he would do it for 4400. It's gas, and he told me over the phone he didn't know the mileage on it, he'd have to go see what it is. It's been sitting for a while it seems on the back of his shop, I just happened to pass by it in the back since I'm always looking for a truck.

Would it be worth having my local van mechanic take a look and do an inspection on it?
Yes I would have him check it out. Ours are gas and we've had no trouble with them at all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is the single rear wheel?, I noticed they they now offer it in 14'
did you go with 4.8 or 6.0
The one we already have is a dually, as is the second one we ordered. Both 14-footers, all the other water trucks are 16-footers but they don't make the Spartan in that length. The bigger motor. The one we have has been a nice addition and as I said rides and handles much better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
LOL

You're never happy are you? :winky:

As I read this, I am sitting in our condo in Gulf Shores. I was finishing a great breakfast of sausage, scrambled egg's and toast, with a little orange juice. It was wonderful to eat while looking out my sliding glass doors at the Gulf of Mexico (named after your home country). Great view.

However, I find myself pissed that I now have to go clean up the mess I made in the kitchen.

So, you are probably right.

Buttwad ...

Mikey P

Administrator
What sort of recreation is available near this Condo of your's?

aside from cooking and posting on carpet cleaning forums cause nobody, not even a janitor from Alabama is stupid enough to get into that water, which is essentially the anal drippage of this fine country of ours.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What sort of recreation is available near this Condo of your's?

aside from cooking and posting on carpet cleaning forums cause nobody, not even a janitor from Alabama is stupid enough to get into that water, which is essentially the anal drippage of this fine country of ours.
LOL

Is that true? Take a big gulp of the gulf and tell us Porkchop!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suppose the Gulf is polluted in some parts of it. Here it's no worse than any other recreational area in the US. The water is clear ... with an occasional tar ball floating by ... and the wildlife are still living well in it. I see porpoise and sharks all the time.

Aside from all that ... we've had this place for so long that my kids, who are all grown now, spent their preschool years living down here with their Mom, while I stayed home all summer working. Long time. My wife still enjoys the place and comes down often.

All I do when I come down is sleep, post on the boards, catch up on work related stuff, look out the window and wave as the wife, kids and grandkids go to and from the beach or pool.

And every evening I spend a ton of money feeding the lot on the best seafood around.

Occasionally, I will move my chair to the other side of the room and look at the lagoon instead of the Gulf.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I suppose the Gulf is polluted in some parts of it. Here it's no worse than any other recreational area in the US. The water is clear ... with an occasional tar ball floating by ... and the wildlife are still living well in it. I see porpoise and sharks all the time.

Aside from all that ... we've had this place for so long that my kids, who are all grown now, spent their preschool years living down here with their Mom, while I stayed home all summer working. Long time. My wife still enjoys the place and comes down often.

All I do when I come down is sleep, post on the boards, catch up on work related stuff, look out the window and wave as the wife, kids and grandkids go to and from the beach or pool.

And every evening I spend a ton of money feeding the lot on the best seafood around.

Occasionally, I will move my chair to the other side of the room and look at the lagoon instead of the Gulf.
I can see that, the whole family gets a break from YOU. :p

Sounds like good family time, enjoy yourself!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
so you prefer a cubevan over a cabover box truck?
I like the cabover's better but the I can get the air deflector and I really like the look of those. Our Butler in a box is a cabover but as you can see with the unit in the way, we only put items that are seldom used up there. For a moving truck it would be ideal though.

Butler9_zps80103fdc.jpg

IMG_20110824_150927_zpsb7da9011.jpg

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Doc, what equip qty's can you get in the your 14'ers that have extraction systems installed? What do you get in the 16'ers that have extractors installed?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Standard load is 18-airmovers and 3-Drizair 2000's, 1-evolution, 1 Hepa 500.

One of the Isuzu's

IMG_0022_zps2188b7e6.jpg

Our Spartan

IMG_20120331_114839_zpsb907d816.jpg

IMG_20120331_114810_zpsdf79f763.jpg

There is room in the middle for more if we know we need it, much more on the Isuzu's than the Spartan's. But that's the idea of the Spartan, smaller and more compact.

We are fortunate to be in Smallville USA, 15-minutes from everywhere.:biggrin:

If it's larger we send more trucks if the just need equipment we have a Low Cab Forward that has anything they would need on it.

We are also unfortunate in that we are limited by the population of Smallville USA. :icon_neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Thanks Doc, Trying to decide if I will end up with a box in my fleet next year when I switch into the transits when they hit the lots.

We get 2 + 20 in the Sprinters, plus the hydro-x, misc tools, supplies etc.

When it hits the fan I load up my 30' and run ahead from job to job to sell and drop equip and the techs come in to suck and set behind me. Between the Excursion and trailer I'm about 53' long, so I have had some non-trailer friendly situations...lol.

It's pretty competitive here and custy's will typically call a dozen restoration companies and the first to arrive gets the job. That seems to be the best way to lock them in.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use the LCF when it hits the fan, it will hold 60-airmovers and 10-Drizair 2000.
You're so use to the taller and thinner trucks, you better drive the boxes first and see if you like the ride. The Spartan's feel more like a van than a box, you might try one of those. Can't wait to see your full size Transits! :icon_cool:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I find that it's simpler to just drop a few pieces rather than entire pieces for that one job for when shit hits the ceiling. So we will just drop say a few fans, than run to the next one, getting as many as possible, while the guys behind us will come in to extract, pull pad, set, bring more equip, etc. We just tell the clients our larger truck is coming with more equipment, etc etc. I am actually thinking of not carrying any larger pieces on the main truck (lgr's etc), and put all small air movers like the dripods, one per room or 10x10, than when the next van/route comes by they'll replace w/ the proper equipment for the job etc. This way the client "sees" equipment already installed after they gave you a check for deposit.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom