Oreck XL LIKE machines

TDC123

Name
Terry D Cowart
Question - does anyone know of a machine like the Oreck Xl small orbitor that you s more reliable? I find them useful on stairs and small rugs (with a soft brush) the the motors and start capacitors are crap - don’t seem to last very long.
surely another manufacturer had developed a similar machine that is more reliable

76E49FF6-B33D-415F-87B7-EDEBD1450D60.png

TDC123

Name
Terry D Cowart
Maybe what I’m looking for doesn't exist - maybe patent issues. But a durable oscillating machine that is light weight with a handle does not seem cutting edge

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wonder if you can put some sort of handle on that to run it like a oreck?

FredC

Village Idiot
Orbot has the cyclo-orbiter type polisher you can add an extension to

I'm sure you could rig something up for the GEM

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have just bought my first Oreck. It performed so amazing on stairs I can't say enough about it. It was so easy. I haven't heard of a lot of problems with orecks. Some people are using them as their main cleaning machine. They seem to be reliable. Time will tell on mine. Easiest way to clean stairs, spray the staircase with your favorite encap juice, start at the top, let the machine drop over the bullnose, swipe back and forth, turn machine off before dropping to the next stair, turn back on and repeat. Sorry for all the commas Fred.

TDC123

Name
Terry D Cowart
Very convenient machine but not super reliable in my experience - about a year and it’s done, motor shorts to ground or start capacitor gives up.
I can’t imagine someone using it as their main cleaning machine

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Very convenient machine but not super reliable in my experience - about a year and it’s done, motor shorts to ground or start capacitor gives up.
I can’t imagine someone using it as their main cleaning machine
Couple of guys in Washington seem to love it. I am only using it for stairs in commercial buildings where I am encapping hallway carpets. Looking at its uses for tight areas and as a scrubber for hwe. Small tile work, etc. If it lasts me a year, it will pay for itself many times over. You can also look at tomcat edgers. More pricey but may still do the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom