Oriental Rug Protective Bags - Wrap

I have seen brown paper bags that rugs could be rolled up and stored in. Where can I find these and how much do they cost? What other products could I use to protect rugs while delivering them to customers that look clean and professional?

John Watson

I know I am just a newbe at this, but I aint never, seen a brown paper bag to put rugs in, Have I been missing something?? Wow sure be simpilar than wraping in brown paper I get from JonDon's. Are the bag companies making 10-11 ft long bags that a 12 to 18 in dia. rug will fit into? If so one would realy have to use a rug tube to roll the rug up on to stop the flexing that surley would rip a bag, I know thats what we do now when we wrap for storage.... They do make perforated plastic bags for rugs though.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I favor Tyvek it’s a great product but it’s gotten very expensive in the last few years a 60? × 200 yard roll is around 400.00 a 60” X 200 roll of heavy craft paper is 30.00- 40.00 from a paper supply company

Name
Nate W.
rhyde said:
I favor Tyvek it’s a great product but it’s gotten very expensive in the last few years a 60? × 200 yard roll is around 400.00 a 60” X 200 roll of heavy craft paper is 30.00- 40.00 from a paper supply company

I hear you on it Randy. One 4' and one 5' roll of Tyvek is a arm and a leg. Great stuff though.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Is there a reason for using paper? I just bought a big roll of plastic drop cloth, cut it to size and seal with clear tape. My idea was the plastic protects from spills in the TM on the way to the customer.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
The carpets if left in plastic can't breath thats why you want to use breathable material

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Plastic is fine for delivery, but you wouldn't want to store a rug in plastic for more than a day or two. Plastic will hold moisture inside that will enable fungal growth. A very bad thing to have when a wrapped rug is opened.

John Watson

Wraping and storing in a non breathable material has had moisture form inside the wrap, or if the rug has a higher than normal moisture content trap the moisture in and mold and mildew come vist.

if you wrap just for delivery and you remove when delivered you should have no problem. Storage requires paper or breathable type material.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom