OSHA Requirement for labeling

DRScrivner

OK, here is my question: What is OSHA's requirement on powders and liquids that you move from a larger quantity original/labeled package to your own container?

I seem to remember something about a small quantity and that it had to used by the end of the day?

Let the discussion roll.........

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well my HF is usually half full at the end of the day so...............Don't care! As far as what OSHA says :roll: I know it could catch up with me but again.......... Oh sh*t I'm being pulled over and my HF is half empty!!! Plus when do THEY say is the end of MY day?

DRScrivner

I'm talking like when you get a drum of powder pre-spray and you run a small container of it in your truck.

Or you load up some smaller stuff for spotting into a trigger sprayer, etc...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Oh, I misunderstood I keep my vol. 40 in the original bottle. :p

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
If OSHA wanted to protect the public they would force the manufacturers to include labels we could attach to smaller containers. Might be an idea for someone to use. I would be more eager to buy chems that included the msds sheets and the smaller labels. I hate having to find them myself.

Rex Tyus

DRScrivner said:
OK, here is my question: What is OSHA's requirement on powders and liquids that you move from a larger quantity original/labeled package to your own container?

I seem to remember something about a small quantity and that it had to used by the end of the day?

Let the discussion roll.........

Each container simply has to be clearly identified and an MSDS sheet within reach of the driver. "Original" lable is not a requirement as long as the information is accurate with an MSDS sheet available. State regulations will vary however.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Rex pretty much has it.

Under HCS, the manufacturer, importer, or distributor is required to label each container of hazardous chemicals. If the hazardous chemicals are transferred into unmarked containers, these containers must be labeled with the required information, unless the container into which the chemical is transferred is intended for the immediate use of the employee who performed the transfer.

Here is additional reading:

http://www.nexreg.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... Compliance

Understand, your question was VERY specific, as you were asking about OSHA alone. If you go ahead and issue for transport the container, DOT (Department of Transportation) will have their own set of regulations pertaining to acceptable labeling. (but really, I wouldn't sweat it for internal use)

Back
Top Bottom