Our equipment cost vs other industries

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
If I may speak for the "Beacon":
When Mardie was very young he made a vow- Under no circumstances, will he be encumbered by the sheer facts.

Carrie on Mardie :clap:
Well that took you long enough to get here. I call you and Zee the bobsy twins. And by the way when did you start using 4 sylabal words?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I try to stay out of insulting people (not always successful) so I won't get into the fray.

Seriously though Mardie, not sure where you are getting your info from. There are so many HWE options from portables, to small TM's to beasts that I can only imagine they are still selling well. The poor economy of the last few years have probably slowed them down a bit, just like our showrooms are selling 40% less rugs than 10 years ago and car manafacturers selling 30% less in the US. I do not see HWE being replaced residentiallly but other methods do have a place and can be used exclusively if the operator is good in my opinion.

Respectfully,
Ken

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ken let me clarify when i used the term "gone the way of the dinosour in reference to hwe" the point i was making was that due to the advancment in the LM and VLM industry more and more proffesional cleaners are choosing these methods in place of hwe as a primary method to clean carpet.I did not say hwe will become obsolete. I get this info from obversation on what is going on in this industry.

The attanable results, clients expectations and sheer economics is dictating this shift in our industry.

F

FB7777

Mardie, can you site where you are getting your statistics on this shift?

And not just some number five friend of yours that had their truck mount repossessed and is padding carpet to pay the rent

My local distributor to date has sold more TMs this year than last and I have yet to see in my 25 years a single carpet cleaning company that doesn't use HWE as their primary method on residential

And you may want to use spell check if you're going to attempt to insult people regarding their intellect... You butchered the word syllable

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I disagree Mardie- out of 100's i know only a few around the country that use it as their primary residential cleaning method and those are all ones who started that way not changed to it. Who knows, you may be correct but i am not seeing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There are only two in our town that use it as their primary method.

While we use it a good share on commercial (60/40) we are 99.9% HWE on residential. It has made strides just to be recognized but by no means is it any where near a take over.

But then I don't live in Marties world, where delusion becomes fact!
Martie step away from the "Air Cell Formula", it's affecting your thinking. ;)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I prefer to insult first and just get it out of the way. That way you're not worrying when it might come. :twisted:

Although I don't appreciate Mardie making it so easy, he's taking all the sport out of it. :winky:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I disagree Mardie- out of 100's i know only a few around the country that use it as their primary residential cleaning method and those are all ones who started that way not changed to it. Who knows, you may be correct but i am not seeing it.

l
Like i said time will tell

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie, can you site where you are getting your statistics on this shift?

And not just some number five friend of yours that had their truck mount repossessed and is padding carpet to pay the rent

My local distributor to date has sold more TMs this year than last and I have yet to see in my 25 years a single carpet cleaning company that doesn't use HWE as their primary method on residential

And you may want to use spell check if you're going to attempt to insult people regarding their intellect... You butchered the word syllable
Like i said my info comes from my observation.A blind man can see it.
All industrys that fall do so after they peak.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like i said time will tell

Wait I thought you said it was already happening or happened? It will happen in time or it already happened? I'm confused, perhaps I've been hanging out with Ofer for too long! :smile:

Ken let me clarify when i used the term "gone the way of the dinosour in reference to hwe" the point i was making was that due to the advancment in the LM and VLM industry more and more proffesional cleaners are choosing these methods in place of hwe as a primary method to clean carpet.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
There are only two in our town that use it as their primary method.

While we use it a good share on commercial (60/40) we are 99.9% HWE on residential. It has made strides just to be recognized but by no means is it any where near a take over.

But then I don't live in Marties world, where delusion becomes fact!
Martie step away from the "Air Cell Formula", it's affecting your thinking. ;)
Who said anything about a takeover? Change does not hapen over night. Change is a very slow progression.
Should i also step away from my cimex?
Regardless of your opinion on air cell my clients dictate the way i conduct my work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Your clients? Who's the professional you or them? :icon_rolleyes:

easy...easy now don't blow a gasket! I was just poking at you!

Damn guys from Canauhduh just have no sense of humor. Must be the cold weather, I suppose too much cold would take the smile off my face also! :shifty:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I re-read ur post mardie and have the same confusion. It implies tm's are extinct when all evidence others and I see is the opposite.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have used HWE as my main method of cleaning since I started in 1996. I have also used OP and 175rpm rotary shampoo/encapsulation. Over the past few months I have been moving my business towards CRBs and VLM cleaning as my primary method. I have always believed that all the methods work when the cleaner knows what they are doing and take the time to do it right. I don't think this is a wide spread trend. If anything, I've talked to more local cleaners who are switching to HWE after years of VLM cleaning.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Who said anything about a takeover? Change does not hapen over night. Change is a very slow progression.
Should i also step away from my cimex?
Regardless of your opinion on air cell my clients dictate the way i conduct my work.

So if a client asked for HWE you would and could provide it? I did both HWE and VLM and even Host/Capture for certain things. I've used, HWE with both portable and TM, bonnet cleaning, encapsulation, Xerion, even played with an OP machine (but never bought one), Foam and Host/Capture. I always liked having a full pallette of tools on the truck so I could provide what was best for the particular job or what the customer asked for....but if I was forced to go back to one method, the best all-around, I would have to choose TM HWE with a TM having a #4 or larger blower. HOWEVER if I were only focusing on commercial I would go for Xerion and a high speed floor machine.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For someone like me who lives in a household that has 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 horses (not to mention the wife (1) and kids,)
What did you expect?!
Hey me too! I have twice as many cats, actually 13 of those flea bags, 1-dog, 2-horses, 1 wife and (4) kids. Although I'd like a buffalo but I think it would just tear up my fences.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
More cleaners might be starting with LM or VLM, not because its a superior method, but more likely because the learning curve is VL , and the startup costs are VL. You can buy a host machine (used) and the powder for couple hundred and hang your shingle.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ken i am aware of the scope of your operation and given that any numbers you come up with are going to be far from the norm in this industry.I have no doubt that your gross earnings are very immpresive.

Have you started to incorperate LM into your operation?

I would say $1,000,000 is the average to expect out of a good TM with NO up selling... How long it takes to hit that number only depends on you.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I would say $1,000,000 is the average to expect out of a good TM with NO up selling... How long it takes to hit that number only depends on you.
Lets just take one example when it comes to equipment cost.So you say the average is 1million gross for the life of a 30k$ investment for a T/M all rigged up ok so now you you factor in all the operational and maintinence cost.(not good)
So say you go out and buy 30k$ worth of Cimex all rigged up. lol ok so now you factor in all the opperational cost and maintinence cost.lol This cost commparison would give you atleast 8 cimex machines. EACH Cimex machine would produce as much production on the average if you were dual wanding with the one T/M So for the same cost you are getting 8x the production.
I could well imagine that the life expectancy of a cimex would easily match a T/M

Just an example. Do the math. I personally think this is great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom