Our Favorite Paint remover

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Tried a lot of items....

Harvard Chemicals used to carry this, that is how we discovered it.

They quit carrying it, so I tried some of the others that claimed to be as good or better....Nope...never worked.

This has been the best product we have used. It sprays on, even has a bit of a gel properties to it.

We use a worn down gum getter to agitate.

I had a video where we had a paint spot that wasn't as deep and came out right away, but of course a solicitor had to butt in during the filming.

Here is a link their website about the product. I have found it online from places. Don't know of any distributor that carries it.

http://www.questchemicalcorp.com/products/2210-Graffiti-Gone-Vandalism-Mark-Remover.html

We like it better than the POG products because it is easier to control....and works!

Anyway, encourage you to give it a try if you are frustrated with paint removal.

Made our lives a lot better!

Some of this paint was in pretty deep....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGJ869ML98

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I like gel type solvent cause it won't rush down through the backing

I don't like gel type solvent cause it seems to be hard to remove the residue which will attract dirt

I'd rather tell them to call the painter back .. and if they were the painter, send them back to the paint store to get some remover

Seemed to me any paint I've run into has been more of a pain in the ass especially the splatter .. I no longer offer paint removal .. if it's a spot in the middle of the traffic area, I'd give it a shot - for free .. but the crap along the edges is outta my league

If they insist, I offer a rate that's metered - and charging by the minute usually changes the way people think - so no paint removal

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

I don't like gel type solvent cause it seems to be hard to remove the residue which will attract dirt

I'd rather tell them to call the painter back .. and if they were the painter, send them back to the paint store to get some remover

Seemed to me any paint I've run into has been more of a pain in the ass especially the splatter .. I no longer offer paint removal .. if it's a spot in the middle of the traffic area, I'd give it a shot - for free .. but the crap along the edges is outta my league
If they insist, I offer a rate that's metered - and charging by the minute usually changes the way people think - so no paint removal

Removing paint was not my cup of tea either....then we seriously discovered this product and it really made things much more bearable.

Like I mentioned, we tried a bunch of others that were sent to us claiming to be as good or better, and we ended up just having a lot of product that is taking up space, or we try to find a use for it on something else.

Reactions: Spurlington

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

Lol, that post struck me as funny.

Customer: do you clean carpet?

Spurlington: sure do

Customer: Cool, can you get this paint out?

Spurlington: F that, call your painter back

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Spurlington: F that, call your painter back

That's actually hilarious.

I do like the charge by the minute rate :)

I've seen paint as big as the size of your hand if not longer and they want everything out...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mark;

Glad to see you like a Vandalism Remover.

We like it on some furniture stains from Chinese painted wood legs.

We like so much that we include it in our Dynachem Spotting Kit:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...ch_in_description=1&keyword=vandalism+remover

It is flammable, so use care.

We also have a combustible liquid POG that our customers think works pretty well also.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...cription=1&keyword=Paint+Oil+&+Grease+Remover

I would be glad to sample you with both if you would report back with your results.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
BTW - I would never tell them to call the painter back .. it's just a rather thing .. paint splatters fall into the specialty spot and stain removal category .. which would cost extra due to additional time involved

Specialty stain removal by the min is most fair .. $2 a min gives me what I need .. If I were a customer, I wouldn't want ball park numbers thrown at me for removal .. you can't possibly accurately guess what the removal will cost before doing it ..

If you under bid you lose - overbid you may feel obligated to rob them once your knees start cracking as you get up

Specialty stain by the min has always worked best for me .. $20 for 10 min effort .. seems fair

Ink - red dye - wax (large amount)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy N

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry I use the stuff you sell and have good luck with it. Stinks horrible but works great on lots of problems.

But is it the same as the Quest stuff Mark is using?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Both list propane and butane (presumably the propellant).

Mark's stuff:
Acetone
Xylene

Larry's stuff:
Acetone
Toluene
Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether
Methyl ethyl ketone

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Both list propane and butane (presumably the propellant).

Mark's stuff:
Acetone
Xylene

Larry's stuff:
Acetone
Toluene
Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether
Methyl ethyl ketone

Xylene & Toluene are very similar solvents.

I would expect the same performance from the same two major ingredients.

Larry

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark;

Glad to see you like a Vandalism Remover.

We like it on some furniture stains from Chinese painted wood legs.

We like so much that we include it in our Dynachem Spotting Kit:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...ch_in_description=1&keyword=vandalism+remover

It is flammable, so use care.

We also have a combustible liquid POG that our customers think works pretty well also.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...cription=1&keyword=Paint+Oil+&+Grease+Remover

I would be glad to sample you with both if you would report back with your results.

Larry

Thank you for the offer.

I would love to try it and compare.

I will forward you my contact info in a PM.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here was another companies product that we compared.....

Heck, I even bought a case of it because we were told it was as good or better....

Still for some reason won't touch the Quest product

Here is the MSDS items from the other company product

Ingredient CAS # Wt. %
Acetone 67-64-1 30 - 60
Toluene 108-88-3 10 - 30
Isobutane 75-28-5 5 - 10
Glycol Ether EB 111-76-2 5 - 10
Methyl ethyl ketone 78-93-3 6 - 10
Propane 74-98-6 3 – 7

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Why not Mineral Spirits or even just Acetone Mark?

Gotta go beat down a 3br, be back soon : )

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

That pretty much exactly matches the MSDS of the product Cobbs mentioned. Interesting.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Mark do u have a number where we can order it from or just call the site u have listed

Waldo

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Why not Mineral Spirits or even just Acetone Mark?

Gotta go beat down a 3br, be back soon : )

We have all of those in the bag and vans too,

this product just for some reason has all the right combination to just work.

When we need it, it just doesn't let us down and is a lot quicker and easier to use than all the others we have....

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Tick a WD40 nozzle in da tip n quit wastin so much : )

Ever heard the term Krylon Kids? lol

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark do u have a number where we can order it from or just call the site u have listed

Waldo

I found www.cometsupply.com was offering it at a descent price. Haven't ordered from them yet though, but might be my next place to try unless someone else has a recommendation.

http://www.cometsupply.com/mp/QUEST CHEMICAL/pm/QST221001/

But they also sell in a case of 12.

I did an amazon search and came up with a place you could get in single cans.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=Quest GRAFFITI GONE Vandalism Mark Remover

I get mine from Logistics Supply

http://www.logisticssupply.com

They might be able to tell you if there is a local distributor closer to you.

I know that Fastenal also handles or can get it.

If you have problems getting it, just let me know and I will get you some too.

Just want you to be able to find the most affordable place or distributor close by to save you money.

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Direct shots

Also for freeze spray. You can turn compressed air in da can fur yur keyboard, upside down an squirt it : )

Used to sneak up n shoot peopl in da butt w it : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom