Out takes of a RRT Class and Live Repairs

Stevea

Just held a private 3 Day RRT Class in NY and then spent an additional day to work with some of the students. Occasionally in a class we will have real 'Live' work to do and it is usually a very good experience.

Here is one room that had two 'Iron Burns' one moderate and one 'severe'. There was also damage along an edge that was repaired.

I enjoyed this event and thought I would share it to let some know what type of things are learned in a RRT Class.

severe iron burn, so deep even the pad was burned
DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Here was another burn but much less damage
DSCF0004.jpg

Here one student is working on one burn mark
DSCF0009.jpg

another student working on another burn mark
DSCF0010.jpg

And another student working on one of ther burn marks with another
DSCF0020.jpg

removing one of the burns
DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

setting up the repair
DSCF0079.jpg

cutting out the donor piece
DSCF0055.jpg

being sure it fits
DSCF0057.jpg

detailing the donor piece for a precision fit
DSCF0088.jpg

using kool glide after sealing and securing all edges with a glue gun
DSCF0126.jpg

Final details
DSCF0136.jpg

Repairing edge damage
DSCF0146.jpg

Finishing up putting everything together and a nice smile for the camera
DSCF0149.jpg

Thought some might enjoy this and some might like to see some of what goes on in a repair class.

SA

John Watson

Thanks Steve, I always enjoy looking at yours and others stuff.

I always seem to pick somthing up or remember something from years ago.

You mentioned in the one caption that you sealed all the edges with a glue gun, Doesn't the the solder iron do that on the donor piece? Why not also use it on the main?

Thanks again.

Stevea

Steve,

I use both but I prefer the longer shear for cutting between rows as a general rule.

John,

While the edges will get sealed with the hot knife, it is used to bevel the edges and make it fit much closer. This is something few will do but it will give such a precision fit. The glue gun will make the edges very tight and will allow a close fit when rolled. The added heat will allow for a little 'extra' manipulation and keeps the seam edges from 'hinging' and helps to hide them. As seen in one of the photos, the edge is very tight. Then, when the Kool Glide is used, it melts it all together and fuses everything into 'one' piece. Just the way I do it, it seems to work very well and does not come apart.

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you enjoy this.

SA

Back
Top Bottom