Oven baked brick... Help

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have a customer that called and said she has oven baked brick in her kitchen that she wants cleaned and resealed. She said the brick is very porous and needs sealed as well as the grouted area in between. I've never dealt with brick before so any help or advice is appreciated. What type of cleaning/ sealing am I getting in to? Thanks

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Clean the floor with your spinner tool, SX-15, Turbo or whatever. With porous material you will need to move slower than normal, but same process. Whatever sealer you normally use for grout will work OK for brick as well. You can also use sealers for concrete. Porous material means a lot of pores and void ares to be filled. Expect to use more than normal amount of sealer. Don't try to fill every opening. Just enough to keep liquids from being absorbed into the brick. If it has not been cleaned and sealed on a regular basis, it can be messy. Reasonable expectations. Porous materials can hold a lot of dirt, grime, grease and such.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I clean brick just like I do tile....

Both Stone Tech and Stone Pro have a really good sealer that work on both brick and grout..........

Reactions: Art Kelley

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Because of how porous brick is, I would use a cheaper by the gallon sealer like cobbs ultra seal and would throw down two applications.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Typically brick, the customer is looking for a little shine on them. You find out what she wants it to look like. A penetrating sealer will help, but with all the pores, divots, small holes - they are still going to hold dirt. A sealer that penetrates some and leaves a topical will typically work the best. You will be safest with a penetrating if you do not have experience with the latter.

Clean the same as tile as already discussed.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I've never done brick before and really don't know much about it yet other then it was installed 10 years ago and has never been resealed. It's not a lot, maybe 100 sf or so but not sure what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom