Over the phone estimates.

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Just looking for tips for our office staff to ensure they ask all the right questions for pricing jobs out correctly for when I can't get out there to do an on site estimate myself. Already have a format set up to help them out but wanting to hear what other people do to ensure they have all the correct info and pricing before sending a team out to do the job.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Here’s my advice:
Start having every house be measured and have a description of the flooring in each area. Do it upon the estimate, or have your crew do it on the day of the cleaning. Slowly, you’ll build up a list of your clients info that you can access when they call in.

With this info, you’ll also be able to get an idea of the average room sizes in a given neighborhood.

Start keeping up with other data, like:
Number of jobs each week, month , year.
Average invoice
Hours worked
Total revenue
Total costs

With this info., you’ll be able to determine how much you can produce in an hour
How much an hour costs you
And what you should charge

You’ll be able to ask their name, and if it’s not already in your database, their street, and with that information you’ll be able to determine your averages for that customer or area.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Also ,send your office staff on some jobs, preferably clean as well.

They will have a lot better understanding of what to ask etc. once they do.

Reactions: Cleanworks

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
The way our pricing is set up I need to ask how many rooms, hallways, and stairs, whether they want the furniture moved or just the traffic lanes cleaned, if there’s pet urine in the carpet, and where the property is located. If the house is a vacation home by the lake, I ask what the carpet is made of just in case it’s wool. I’ve only had that once, but the lake people have lots of wool area rugs. If they answer all of these questions I can give an accurate estimate unless there’s pet urine involved. If there is, I give them a base price without extraction, explain how we price extraction, and set the job up as a quote/clean where the tech inspects with the UV light when they get there, discuss the customer’s options with them, quote a price, and the customer decides then whether to go ahead with the service. 99% of the time they do, they just aren’t always prepared to believe their animals are peeing in the house, even when they see it for themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom