owner operator

G

im wondering how many guys are owner operators i mean you do everything clean ,call,fix your equipement maybe a little help but mainly all by your self lets see how many.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I do... Hopefully not for too long.. I hate the paperwork!!!!

Name
I'm Rick James
I am a one man show. I am looking at taking business classes to be better at it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Count me in. No plans to add trucks. I likes the peace and tranquility of working alone and living a stress free lifestyle!

John Watson

Hmmm, Don't know if Helen and I count on this list or not?? Were both old so maybe we make one???

Or is that three on the days I remember what I am suppposed to do...

Chris A

Name
Chris
I am an owner operator but my wife does most of the office work now, so I guess I'm more of a chimp.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My wife does all the phone answering ,scheduling and book work and I do all the cleaning and machine/truck maintenance....

Things work out better this way.......I stay away from her desk and she stays away from my steering wheel and things run like clock work.....

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I purchased a one truck operation exactly 1 year ago. The biz has been in town 30 years and the owner retired. I have ran it the last year as he did, with the exception of having his wife run the office end. I take care of the phones, trucks, paperwork, do truck and machine maintenance and repairs ect...

I am dreaming of the day I can have my sweet Jackie quit her day job and come on board with me and operate the phones and office. One truck just does not seem to cut the mustard.

Just hired a helper yesterday! I have restored an old Performer and will buy a van to mount it in this month. I am even increasing my marketing budget this year (spent $25.00 in '08).

I have had enough of the one man band, I am ready to conduct the orchestra!

G

I started out to live a dream! One man show and I grew and before it, it was 3 years later with
10 trucks and 20 plus employees. I got off the truck and I had many hats, boss,team leader,
answering the phones, marketing, repairing the and maintaing the trucks, billing and so on!

It was cool not to touch the wand for a while, and some time working on the truck did my
business no good I needed to be the out in the field do marketing!
Yada, Yada yada some time later I was not happy anymore. I was mentally worn out!

Sold 75% of the business and moved,and started over and now I am the one man show!!

And loving it!!!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Even if you are an "O/O" (hey that looks like Groucho Marks) You should have someone else do your books, taxes and design work. There are plenty of other areas to have someone else on your team as well.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I am an owner operator, I do my own books, advertising, marketing, and have done my own taxes until this year. My wife just got laid off from her job, so she will be joining me and helping run the business so I can concentrate on growing it.

steve r

im a one man show except when my stripper friend helps.

i have hired an accountant for tax purposes though.

JFRASER

I do most of the work, my wife helps some but not enough to give her a pay check. I hire out water damage jobs when I cant do them. I have a tax guy and we barter for are services. I hope to hire a helper this year if buisness picks up. I dont mind woking alone but do wish I had help sometimes. I dont know if ill get bigger but I always do a good and honest job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've said it before...Donald Trump outsources everything...depends on where you want to be in life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom