Owner Ops, What do you NET per hour?

gavin

CleanImage said:
Here's a simple way to make more money:

1. Don't buy a fancy new truck. Buy a used one that still looks good, pay cash.
2. Don't buy every product that someone raves about on online forums.
3. Don't buy every piece of equipment that looks neat in ICS or Cleanfax.
4. Find a Chemical line that works and stick with it.
5. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need a brand new $20000 truckmount. There are lots of effective ways to clean carpet.
6. Stay out of debt. Start from the bottom, work your way up. Pay cash for everything!
7. Charge a fair price for your customer and YOURSELF! Don't burn yourself out.
8. Find advertising solutions that work, but don't break the bank. Instead of expensive ads, hit the streets and introduce yourself, do great work.
9. If you do something for a customer, charge for it! If you have to spend extra time on a spot, or use a special chemical (ie, Red Relief), charge for it. If you treat urine spots, charge for it. Don't get into the habit of giving away your time and products.
10. Stay organized. Keep up with your books. Keep your equipment in good working order. Maintain everything well.

I think if you can do all that, you can net 50% or more as an owner op.

And no, I'm not an expert or a guru, just a guy trying to start a business. But remember why this country is in such a financial crisis and try not to make the same mistakes in your personal life.

the one thing that keeps me floating when there is a rough patch, zero debt. phone book ads to equipment, I pay for it all upfront. I may not make much, but I can live off of beans.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Great Advice Phillip it’s straight out of my playbook.

Anyone starting a business would be crazy to think of it in terms of how much they make per hour. I do think it’s is a good tool to measure your progress towards personal and financial goals after a business is established. What am I getting for what I put into the business? For most of us, the biggest investment we make is our time, so what are you getting for it?

Hey Harper,

Is your son leasing the business or buying it? If I were he, I would work out a plan to stop writing you checks at some point. I would get feed up of seeing you piss away money at hooters and club met.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
ACE said:

Anyone starting a business would be crazy to think of it in terms of how much they make per hour. I do think it’s is a good tool to measure your progress towards personal and financial goals after a business is established. What am I getting for what I put into the business? For most of us, the biggest investment we make is our time, so what are you getting for it?

Hey Harper,

Is your son leasing the business or buying it? If I were he, I would work out a plan to stop writing you checks at some point. I would get feed up of seeing you piss away money at hooters and club met.

"tHAT'S WHY U R NOT MY SON."... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a SMART young man... :idea:
The business is "HIS"....when I DIE... !gotcha!

ps...I also SHARE.... :mrgreen:

189502_10150134367966443_559916442_7159938_6826499_n.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
HARPER said:
ACE said:

Hey Harper,

"tHAT'S WHY U R NOT MY SON."... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a SMART young man... :idea:
The business is "HIS"....when I DIE... !gotcha!

ps...I also SHARE.... :mrgreen:

189502_10150134367966443_559916442_7159938_6826499_n.jpg

Yeah baby!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom