oxidizers combined with encap products??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
by JIM P. The first mechanism of oxidizing agents is very similar to what enzymes do: the larger stain molecules are broken down into smaller, more water-soluble fragments, which are more easily removed by mechanical action or through the action of other detergent ingredients. Unlike enzymes, however, the action mechanism of bleach is a self-destructive one: the bleaching agents disappear in the course of the cleaning and rinsing process.

what would happen if you combined this action with an encap product?? with oxidizers I prefer to leave them to dry after I leave the job, so they get the max time to work, perhaps adding an encap product would help remove any left overs??

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I always recommend consulting the product manufacturer's recommendations when it comes to using additives. With a few of the products that I am familiar with, oxidizers work just fine.

i would direct this question to Scott Warrington, Larry Cobb, and Taf Baig, as well as any other manufacturer's representatives who are observing.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We have not tried mixing oxidizers with our product Encapuclean. So now I have something to add to my list of things to experiment with in the lab.

In general, the polymers in encapsulating products can be fussy. Mixing something with them can cause them to fail. So until I know otherwise, I do not suggest add anything to encapsulation cleaners.

Two exceptions to this -Encapuclean will work fine when mixed with Hydrocide and Maxim protector.

I'll look into the oxidizer question when I get some free time in the lab. But that may not be soon.

Scott Warrington

Jim – I would love it if we could really teach the differences between mechanical and chemical reactions. I am sure Scott feels the same way. It seems so much easier to teach and the students seem to latch onto. Chemistry is the hardest subject we got for the technician to understand.

I have some points of clarification I would like to offer. Oxidizers will cause many of organics to volatize. We are looking at H2O and CO2 here.
Oxidizers are consumed in the process of working; enzymes are unique among chemicals in that they are not consumed in the process of working.

I am not sure about encaps and oxidizers. Oxidizers remove soil in an aqueous or gaseous solution. Last week I looked at REJUVENATE product that Bridgepoint is looking at talking on. It is a combination of dye and encapsulation and it is amazing. Just think, restoring both the missing dye and fixing the TLGs. The market may be limited to the apartment trade, but I am working on some big inspections where innovations in encapsulation could save the day. It is too bad that some in the manufacturing side either do not get or have given into the fear & intimidation of politics.

I have been trying to get the manufacturers to make a dry solvent encap, but so far there are no takers. I think it could help in our ‘dry cleaning’ issue on upholstery.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Encapuclean & oxidizers

We tried adding sodium percarbonate to Encapuclean. It seems to have the benefits of both products without harming the ability of the polymers to encapulate.

Scott Warrington

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've often added sodium perc to encap juice. That process needs all the help you can give it.

Scott Rogers

I have included 2 cups of 20 volume peroxide to 2.5 gallons of the encap of the month. I dont scrub and run though so I use the pad to remove the bulk of the soil not the encap chem itself.

I have not tested in a petri dish the combo to see if it encapsulates.

The combo certainly brighten up the bad traffic lanes on light colored commercials and berbers

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just add some of the peroxide to a small amount of the SHAMPOO in a dish and let dry.

If it doesn't dry into the crystals its not compatible.
Most of the encap/SHAMPOOS will not tolerate a oxidizer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom