Ozone and electronics???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Are you trying to deodorize a stereo or are you concerned about the use of an ozone generator potentially harming electronic equipment?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Brief exposure is not normally and issue, it shouldn't harm it unless there is rubber in there for vibration.

Smoke residue and hard water deposits from WDR losses can be far more damaging. Smoke residue and moisture can cause corrosion fairly easily.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The only issues I ever had was with rubber belts weakening and breaking in Video tape pleayers and older reel to reel tape records. (SHows something about how long ago i was using ozone.)

Rubber seals or soft plastic can be weakened with prolonged exposure. But I think most will survive normal exposure to ozone.

If I have doubts, I turn to Vaportek Smoke Odor Solution (SOS) instead of ozone. The Vaportek is also safe for areas occupied by people, pets or plants.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The only issues I ever had was with rubber belts weakening and breaking in Video tape pleayers and older reel to reel tape records. (SHows something about how long ago i was using ozone.)
Scott
Back in the day, did you also have one of these in your car? :lol:

I did, I had a couple. :oops:

20090904111111-DSCF7604090904.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom