Ozone injected under carpet and pad?

LeeCory

I had a guy come to my home that designs ozone equipment and he wanted to design something that puts the ozone directly under the carpet. He wanted my input and felt it would help for water damage restoration.

Any thoughts?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its already been thought of.

I questioned the techique years ago and people told me it was ineffective.

You take an ozone machine and put it next to a carpet blower.
The therory is to float the carpet blowing ozone underneath it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For it to do any real good it would have to put out concentrations that would not be safe to use in an occupied home.

Not sure that the ozone wouldn't damage some pads. It can really be harsh on some materials.

LeeCory

Thanks Richard and FCC & Jimmy, I will ask him if he has done any homework about potential damage. But for some reason I bet he will tell me all would be fine. I don't think he was talking of floating carpet, I think he wants to make something that will inject through the carpet with large mats of some sort. I didn't know that ozone had the potential for damage, I will certainly bring it up when I speak to him again.

He makes industrial ozone equipment, I have no idea what for...

Rex Tyus

FCC said:
Also I'm assuming this idea is to be performed in a dry enviroment. YOU DO NOT want to introduce ozone into a wet/ high humidity enviroment.

Why not? What happens? I really don't know. I'm not gonna be a smart ass I promise.

Rex Tyus

I am aware of potential damage from ozone on certain substances. I thought I had read that the hp conversion from water was an old wives tale though.

Not contradicting you, cause I confess I don't have a clue to the facts. Just real curious about the Ozone stuff though? My Dad has a residential model in his home and I have tried to get him to get rid of it for years. But he is the original, HARD HEADED PANHANDLE REDNECK.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen it bleach the color out of a brand new mattress-the fabric was dry.

I've also seen it degrade rubber to dust, damage elastic in clothing and make vinyl sticky. Think what it can do to soft tissue in your lungs!!!

It works great for smoke odor, just don't over do it.
Several treatments are better than one concentrated dose.

Never use in an occupied air space in any concentration!

G

I dont know how long you guys keep it going,but a high dose over a day,maybe 2 is not going to degrade any seals,and Rex,I would tell your dad that in order for the ozone to kill bateria or cleanse his air it has to have a min. grams per hr. dose,and at that dose its toxic,anyway you might already know this.

G

Something funky in that mattress(I aint going there) never had that kind of problem. Although you are in Kansas Dorthy,and it was probably 100% humidity and you had the windows open dint ya :lol:

How many gph are you putting out?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was brand new, just cheap dyes. That's why we had it, the dye odor was too strong for the purchaser.

It was in the summer and you're right high humidity.

Usually small machines 2-grams and hour, but we have larger ones also 4.5 gph and an 8.5 gph for larger jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom