ozone to remove Urine smell from rugs?

Ron K

I think what the underlying message that Some are saying here is if you know how to wash a rug properly you "deodorize" it by just washing the Urine out hence the Odor!
People say the rug still smells of Urine, I think what that says, to me at least, is the rug still has urine in it.
Wash out the source.....wash out the odor!

Reactions: T Monahan

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Glad you got the point John. I've had a difficult time getting that point across to our staff sometimes, particularly when a customer asks for ozone deodorization because they saw it on the internet.

Getting impacted, hardened urine salts out of a rug is far more work than regular cleaning, so we charge more for it. If you charge the same rate for all rug cleaning, no matter how much effort is involved, aren't you just taxing clean people to subsidize dirty ones?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Whether it is rugs or carpet, if it is due to the client's neglect (not our mistake) and it takes more time and labor, the charge goes up. It's called fair pricing.

Getting impacted, hardened urine salts out of a rug is far more work than regular cleaning, so we charge more for it. If you charge the same rate for all rug cleaning, no matter how much effort is involved, aren't you just taxing clean people to subsidize dirty ones?
Hear hear.

Don't gouge your good client by making them subsidize others' neglect.

Last edited:
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I use very high output ozone machines and completely agree with the above, you must deep clean and thus remove the source 1st and foremost.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
One other point to made here, apart from the fact that ozone does diddly squat, is the common problem of "psychological odor".

Many in the Fire & Smoke Restoration industry will relate to this.

This is where an odor has been completely neutralized, no-one, apart from the owners, can smell the odor.

I've had loss adjusters tell me "what a great job, no odour at all", yet the insured can still "smell smoke".

It is also possible that if the rug with urine has not had the surface that the rug was sitting on, cleaned of all urine, then that odor can again permeate the air causing you problems.

:yoda:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom