Pad Driver

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I want to be able to use cotton/OP pads with my Advance 175 machine. I have the driver with the real hard plastic pokey things. Do I need a special pad driver for the cotton pads? If I do where do I buy one at?

Golden Boy

Mikey P

Administrator
Level off the "pokey things" by OPing your concrete drive way for 20 minutes.

Then you're good to go, otherwise the longer bristols will poke through and grab the carpet. And heavens to betsy you would not want to damage fibers when shampooing would you?

Greenie

Lee beat me to it, a nice rough one like Green or an older brown will grip that towel like no tomorrow.

ron markam

You can get a MALISH PAD LOCK PAD HOLDER from Hesco.Just look up Hesco the driver is $30.00 and will drive your cotton pads quite well.You can either order a new clutch plate or just take the one off of your old pad driver.

G

I have tried what greenie and Lee said.. it worked briefly.. but i like the idea.

I havent tried GREEN.. with a little more grip yet.

I used a worn red i believe.

when the cotton pad got wet.. it would slide from the pad.

If I got their idea right.. pad driver.. with a buffing pad under it.. and then cotton under that.

right Greenie or lee?

ron markam

If you really want to use Greenie and Lee's method a 3M black high pro (thats what we call them) would work best ,but as little as pad drivers cost why?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Danny you twit.... :-)

Danny,

What if it DID somehow get a few "fibers" from the strip pad onto the cotton? You are spinning the freekin pad on crappy dirty nylon carpet anyway. Do you worry that your little pads may get dirty as well?

I'm sure you've used similar buffing pads for encap work. Do you likewise fret over a few fibers getting out of place? If nothing else your cotton pads may pick up a little agitation improvement similar to the green stripe bonnets.

Bottom line: New strip pads work great to drive thin cotton pads. I prefer not to use red pads unless working on red carpets, and of course any USED pad may shed more and grip less.

OK, you can ride the horse now....get on and I'll insert a quarter,

Lee

G

I have a Powr-Flite 175 with the clutch plate and a nylon bristle brush. The clutch plate is fine for the OP pads and cottom bonnets. I've used both with no problems.

Your mileage may vary depending on what you have. A little common sense goes along way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom