Pad drying

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
How many here still dry pad in place?

As an O/O I don't do many water jobs these days, but with all the water around here these days, the larger companies are turning down small jobs, and I try to only do the ones that I can dry in place.

I will not do any cat3 jobs or large jobs that require alot of equipment and people to complete.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some, not all.

Conditions have to be right, clean water source, breathable vapor barrier on the pad, no fall concerns (elderly, young kids or high use areas) with floating it.

Reactions: dealtimeman
Name
Nate W.
Unless it's a difficult situation or drying conditions, we normally dry in place.... If it's a closet or on the smaller side, we'll put it, but other than that it gets dried in place.... Really depends on your conditions.... We've have a wool carpet with a rubber backing and rubber pad on a wood subfloor that we tried to dry in place, the next day it wasn't looking too good on the drying....

We ended up pulling up the carpet and pad, drying it on our rug drying tower... As I looked into the floor sockets housing, there was 1 1/2" of water trapped in the box as well as the conduit lines....

It all depends on your job... Some may have that pet pad that doesn't breathe and you'd need to pull it and replace...

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I prefer to dry carpet and pad "in place" after a thorough extraction. Carpet backing and seams are at their weakest when wet and can be easily damaged when handling or disengaging the carpet. Floating the carpet, even a properly vented soft float, may be problematic to reinstall if there is allot of furniture in the room. Floating the carpet will dry it faster but when you calculate the labor cost to properly reinstall the carpet the invoice should be the same. Let the equipment do the work that is what it is designed for.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I have done a couple of these type of jobs and I seem to be very slow on the extraction time of these jobs.

I spent 2 hours extraction of about 200 S.F. with an flash extractor.

tres davis

Name
tres
No need to use flash extractor on cat 3
Only need to extract enough so you can carry it out
Or just cut it in smaller pieces

Then clean concrete with tile wand

Name
Nate W.
I have done a couple of these type of jobs and I seem to be very slow on the extraction time of these jobs.

I spent 2 hours extraction of about 200 S.F. with an flash extractor.

Seemed like a lot of shit..........water you sucked... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom