Pads ... synthetic vs cotton

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm busy doing my yearly cleaning of our county's schools now. While I was at our largest primary school, I was running into soil that was just too much for my synthetic pads (OP cleaning) and encap. solution. So, I was coming back and hot water extracting the worst rooms. This was getting the carpets looking really nice, but was much too time consuming, and certainly not in their budget. One day, while my son-in-law was padding with synthetic pads, I decided to come behind with a cotton pad (damp) and see if that would make the carpet look (yes ... "look") cleaner.

The cotton made absolutely NO difference. In fact, there was very little soil transfer to my cotton pads.

I'm wondering if Steve Smiff might not know what he's talking about.

M

Mark Imbesi

Yesterday's victim was the Padman.....today's... Steve Smith.

Looks like YOU are the common denominator!

Thanks for sharing!

Marc

Mikey P

Administrator
Seeing how it's your business, IDGAS.

But if you can't make a natural pad get better results than a synthetic something is seriously wrong with you.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Increase your chemical usage to 1 1/2 to 2 cups per 2 gallon multisprayer jug.

And use a 2 speed buffer with those tuways.

hogjowl

Idiot™
This was not a cut on Steve. I was actually saying that his contention that synthetic pads remove more soil than cleaners give them credit for is true.

I'm using a great cleaning encap. product (Hot Knife) and it was getting the soil that padding could get the first time.

HWE'ing is still king.

DevilDog

Well God damn. Make yourself clear. I have been sitting here for 10 minutes wondering what the hell you are talking about.

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom