Panel

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
was talking to a cleaner sometime ago and he wanted me to build a panel for his truck....we tossed a few ideas around and I threw it together and shipped it to him finally last week.........

got me thinking on mine so I made a few changes and threw this together...

It will sit below the main panel and I hope to install it tomorrow.....

It is a high impact plastic..pretty easy to work with....Should make a few things on the truck go a little smother .........the hole in the bottom is where my fresh water tank temp gauge will mount.....

IMG_3250.jpg

John Watson

Looks great Jim, Why did you go with the 10 flow Dwyer meter instead of the 5? one can fine tune the 5 compared to the 10 and I have never used anything that needed to be metered in more than 4 gal per hr.

Must be multiple mix tanks for your different cleaning solutions. When you post the installed pictures hope you give a break down ..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the truck came with the 10 so that is what I have always had....to be honest I never knew they can in 5 I would much rather have one of them.....

I need to do some homework ..thanks for the heads up

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
been tossing that one around some.........got a few designs drawn out...

when I have time I need to stop buy a friend of mine fabrication shop and see if he can put a few things together for me so I can see if they are going to work like I hope they do......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mounted on truck......hooked up and works like a charm......

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

description

the bypass it a switch that lies to my truck alarm system and tells it their is a key in the ignition and to by pass the hour auto start...I built it into the panel so no one knows what it is....

Interior Lights ...easy one

demand pump is for a brain storm I am thinking about doing later and I just threw the switch in for now...

chemical prime... and secondary prime work together...
I went and picked up a window washer reservoir unit and mounted it out of the way back behind the tank
(easy to get to and fill) they have a 12 volt pump that that pumps the washer fluid onto your window.....so what I did was hook it to a switch and I put a Tee in each chemical pump line on the prime side..so If I lose the prime ( which we all know is a bitch to get back) I turn the 3way valve to which ever tank needs primed and hit the 12 volt switch.......instant prime......

Tank 1 and tank 2 fill is pretty easy My chemical jugs sit above my fresh tank and were a pain to have to get a hose and fill so both now have auto fills and the other 2 the red and top blue one let me chose which tank I want to run off of ....the duel tank ideas were Michael Schoeny from Vegas last year.....

and the chemical injection and the metering glass....

I know some don't like to use rinses I think that a good rinse helps your cleaning and sometimes you need a good acid rinse and sometimes just a good emulsifier will work with this set up I can turn a valve and chose which ever I need ........

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Jim

If and when you buy a new 5 flow meter, go directly to dwyer's website. I paid $31 for mine.

Others who sell them are completely outrageous.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
vincent said:
Jim

If and when you buy a new 5 flow meter, go directly to dwyer's website. I paid $31 for mine.

Others who sell them are completely outrageous.

Thanks I will look into it
I wanted to see the back....

I will try to get a pic tomorrow........

John Watson

Great explanation Jim. I really like the way you can run a rinse or a cleaning solution with the flick of a couple of knobs. I run 2-2.5 gal jugs and just move the siphon hose from one jug to another. Only thing that I didn't see but you probably already got covered is your solution jugs marked like your fresh tank for amount or for mixing less than a full tank at a time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That is what I would have to do when I first added the second jug..but mind you I would always have to climb up in the truck because my jugs sat on the top of the fresh tank....after awhile that got old fast...there is no getting around having to get up there and add the rinse in but at least I don't have to go back and forth with a hose filling them or switching the hose around..

those jugs come already marked .it is in the plastic mold .........

Greenie

Very nice, I thought I smelled some Schoenyism there.

Personally, I think the 10gph is just fine, sometimes you want the option to meter something a little higher than the status quo, and I really don't think the 5gph are any more accurate.

The Preacher

you'd think since yore under a court order NOT to make and sell glides you'd have time to work on a flow meter thats worthy of the Greengldes name???

Coop, Ken, Nick and Clood on Dannys computer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom