Panther 20

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a friend whose chemtex is on its last leg. He is running with 1 heat exchanger, no working thermostat and the pump may need rebuilt. I am trying to get him into a steamway 2100 I found for him. They guy needs to decide if he wants to stay in business before he makes a real investment. Do you think it would be worth giving him a few bucks for the old panther? I was thinking of pulling the heat exchangers, adding a silencer and little giant heater.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What kind of shape are the engine and blower in?

I'm seeing mid sized Prochem's and Hydramasters on the market for a few thousand dollars that would qualify for the same conversion. Don't spend much more for it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The thing only has 2000 hours. The real issue with chemtex machines is the way the regulate heat. Their hot water by-pass system is so ineffective that you have a manual bleeder valve at wand. You have to open this valve when you set the wand down or the machine will melt down. The other issue is they are really deafening. I’m not planning on giving much for it. He might just give it to me because he will have no place to put it if he gets something else.

Back
Top Bottom