Parabond Adhesive residue driving me nuts

Mikey P

Administrator
A lazy dufus of a Vinyl floor guy got this stuff all over his shoes and walked all over the clients worn out poly carpet.

The residue it attracted started to show up a few days after the install of her new kitchen floor.

We were called out to fix the problem by a local retailer.

With some Mineral Spirits we got out all the visible spots and then some.

Two months later she calls back with a whole new series of spots in some areas we did not clean on the first visit as well as some spots in an area where we did.
Lots of hand spotting followed by a good HWE. It all looked goo but the color of the glue matches the color of the carpet so I couldn't be sure we got it all.

Now here it is four months later and she calls again.

Any suggestions on something I can try to make this the last call?

This is the stuff..
http://www.parabond.com/techdata/SIG_Se ... 041008.pdf

Becker

Name
Becker
Re: Parabond Adhesive resuide driveng me nuts

HouseFire.jpg

Fon Johnson

Yes.

I would pre-spray it with Super TLP mixed a little strong and spike it with some citru-solvit. I would scrub that in as aggressively as I could without damaging the carpet. I would then extract it with HOT ultra rinse.

I know you don't use Duane's products, but I have removed tape residue and such that others had to use spot cleaners for, and I did a better job. You could (as another option) scrub in any cleaner loaded with butyl. If you don't mind using Duane's stuff, I'm pretty sure that would get it for ya.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mist Steam Way Spotter 301 agitate then crank the heat on the steam way and extract. Don't bother with the v use a real machine.

I'll send you the 301 if it what I just told you doesn't work don't pay for it. Deal..

Cameron1

I got something that might work.......it is called, 'THE RIGHT StUFF".............. It is the best adhesive remover that I have ever seen. Should be able to get it locally.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have done a few of these for Carpet Mills and Retailers and other carpet cleaners.
It is easy to see the soil that has stuck to the adhesive in sufficient quantities to be visible. Removing only the soil but not the adhesive will mean a return trip in time.

First thing, I'd check out is if this Parabond adhesive lights up under a black light - many of the adhesives do.
If this one does then you can use a black light to find all of the current and potential problem areas.

Lots of good suggestions above and some may be better ( don't know because I haven't tried them all ) than my current fav which is Hel Gel.
I would also suggest finishing up with an encap like Vacaway's Cyclone or encap POG. The reason for this is that the encapsulant will crystallize around any traces of adhesive and keep them from attracting more soil and yet another return trip.

Back
Top Bottom