Parafin wax in carpets

Lonny

Supportive Member
I have a customer that has over the past year managed to drive wax into their low pile CGD carpets. Anyone know of a product that can dissolve( (or soften) enough for HWE with truckmount? The only chems I've read so far will destroy the carpets.
TIA

FredC

Village Idiot
how much wax are we talking about here?

Paper and an iron to transfer

or break out the xylene or denatured alcohol and be careful

Reactions: Papa John

Lonny

Supportive Member
how much wax are we talking about here?

Paper and an iron to transfer

or break out the xylene or denatured alcohol and be careful
It's a year's worth being transferred from hard floor to shoe to carpet. not really visible in most places, but adheres really well to both dirt and carpet. More like a film in all high traffic areas.
I wish it were iron worthy quantities.

Reactions: FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
I guess that is good and bad in that it is transfer and not spills like a salon or something so there would be less overall

Do you have one of those magic shaker machines @Mikey P is always shilling? I ask because as you know paraffin doesn’t dissolve in water worth af so you are depending on solvents and heat. I would think although I have no experience doing so that maybe one of the solvent encaps/spotters and a pad may be the way to go …similar to the paper transfer

Then hwe to actually get the carpet clean

Reactions: Cleanworks

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Non-volatile solvent will do the trick. I work with Catholics. Might get a little expensive if you have large areas, but it will do what you’re wanting.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Non-volatile solvent will do the trick. I work with Catholics. Might get a little expensive if you have large areas, but it will do what you’re wanting.
Nooooo.....lay a damp white Terrycloth towel on the wax....using an iron..carefully apply
..then move to a different spot on the towel and do again..... three or 4 times should do it.....and
"Be careful wit that iron Eugene "

After using paper I always wondered......why paper!

Last edited:

Lonny

Supportive Member
Yor sayin someone was dumb enough to wax down the whole carpet....if so
Charge em the dumbass tax!
Yes, we noticed their new service was leaving wax all over hard flooring, not coming up with mopping and warned them it would travel their facility last year.
It has, and we will be charging. If it can even really be done.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Catholics? ... we talking candle spills, or?
Catholics specialize in candles! Therefore they make a lot of spills!!! When its’s on pews, you can scrape off the top, then hit the residue with dry volatile solvent and extract. Bingo! Obviously you don’t need to scrape.

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Catholics specialize in candles! Therefore they make a lot of spills!!! When its’s on pews, you can scrape off the top, then hit the residue with dry volatile solvent and extract. Bingo! Obviously you don’t need to scrape.
Rookie......

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I guess that is good and bad in that it is transfer and not spills like a salon or something so there would be less overall

Do you have one of those magic shaker machines @Mikey P is always shilling? I ask because as you know paraffin doesn’t dissolve in water worth af so you are depending on solvents and heat. I would think although I have no experience doing so that maybe one of the solvent encaps/spotters and a pad may be the way to go …similar to the paper transfer

Then hwe to actually get the carpet clean
Something like TOPS spotter. Has a lot of solvent in it. Can be used undiluted to remove gum. Beware, it can be quite foamy when trying to rinse. Bring defoamer.

Reactions: Lonny
Back
Top Bottom