Parflex Holes

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Has anyone had issues getting new Parker parflex with holes in it?

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Not sure if I should cut off the bad part and recrimp or if it's a sign of a bad batch of hose and send it back.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Not crazy heat I haven't even used it yet just put it on and flushing out the air and noticed about 15 pin holes.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I ordered some from John, and mine did have some leaks, I ordered it with no ends, and I put my own ends on. I believe I didn't get them tight enough because the hose was leaking about 3 feet back from each end. I cut it off and redid the ends and no more problems but it looked like this.

Tiny little beads of water every 1" or 2 very evenly spaced, I didn't bother calling John about it, after the new ends fixed everything, I think it was letting water get between the inner core and the blue outter wrap.
PS I LOVE THE HOSE
043_zps1pptjomo.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Ok good so sounds like I just need to put on a new end and it will be fine. Mine is spraying and has the the little droplets coming out like tconway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Ok good so sounds like I just need to put on a new end and it will be fine. Mine is spraying and has the the little droplets coming out like tconway
I have a little video of it, and the end that was hooked to my TM was actually misting from the pin holes. So yes I think you just need to cut a bit off to be safe and re crimp with a little more CRIMP good in tight.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So you do like it Tom?
I LOVE the hose, the heat, the weight, I have even got pretty good at the nice coil off the reel.

BUT ONE THING this stuff is slicker than snot if you step on it, it is NOT like rubber coated hose, I almost went down a while back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom