Parflex hose?

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's been about 10 months since I bought my Vortex and now the Goodyear hose I first put on it is about ready to be replaced. The high heat has done a number on it.

Is it Parflex hose that you V owners recommend I buy, or something else?

And where should I buy it from?

Cameron1

tcs has that other stuff.....the same stuff I use to get from Greenie. Works good for us, but we do not have the heat you got.

If you will suck up to em and tell em your sorry.....I'm sure they will sell you some.

Tony Dees

Paraflex is the best that I have found so far. They are very coilly though til they get hot.

When they do blow, it is usually at the reel and its not like a neptune. It looks like someone poked needles all in one area.

I take them to the hose repair shop and have them cut 1 ft off the end and retread it and go again. usually costs about $18, what causes this is the bend of the hose around the reel, careful not to wine them to tight.

They are pretty tolarant to high heat even though only rated for 230. In the winter I set for 240, summer 220 - 230, my truck always gives me 20 degrees hotter

What I do is keep the steel braid lines on your live reel as your primary 50 feet, then use the paraflex on in. If you have a blow its outside. Or keep the steel braids for the rentals, easier to get paint off the goodyear than the tornados.

The paraflex is a agravating hose to get use to but when you do you will like it. Comes in yellow and blue.

Farenheit251

Any problems I had with the parflex were from it not being crimped just right. I've found it to be worth buying from Jeff who knows how to get the crimps right. The mechanics who are used to crimping Goodyear never get it right.

Mikey P

Administrator
Greenie still has miles of the famous blue KMA Chem Dry Parflex, which for some strange but true reason is more flexible than the orange version.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

If the high heat has damaged the Goodyear 250° hose...

you need something other than Parflex.

On the Aerotech TM's, we run a 275° blue wire-braid hose.

Larry

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I run two different types of parflex, 230 and 310 rated. I have never had a problem with either one except for as Tony explains. Don't reel it too tight at the crimp. I run 50' of 3/8 goodyear and then 200' of parflex. Works just fine.

No need to run over 230 degree water in the lines anyway.

TimP

Now this is like the third time the dang parflex solution hose topic has come up in like what 2 months?

Marty get you 100 ft for your lead hose and don't run no more than 240 if you hook it direct. It will hold the heat better and be safer. If you're gonna run longer hose runs, then run a high heat hose and turn it up to overcome the heat loss. But keep the parflex as your lead. You won't worry about black death or someone burning their hand on the hose too. It just makes sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom