Parker Hose

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Does anybody know where to get that blue Parker Parflex hose the Greenie used to sell? Some of the best hose I've ever used, lasted years. A little tough to handle at first until you get the hang of it. I would love to get my hands on some more.

Mikey P

Administrator
Years ago Greenie and I did a temperature test and found the Parflex saved 30 degrees at the wand over Neptune per 100 feet

But I could be halucinating..

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
going through my truck i just found and old 50 section of the Parflex. Reminds me how I use to coil it, big loops like 3'+ diameter. Don't remember having trouble with till I started winding it on my rokan reel. Went back to big loops bungee'd in my truck. Whole thing got old....

Reactions: Total_Rookie
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I clocked 15 degrees hotter at 150 feet on a 4-jet. You could surely have seen more then that with high flow. The Parflex certainly holds in the heat. Liked it for my restaurants. Used that and Tornado Wash hose at 240-250 for hours at a time.

Reactions: Mikey P

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
going through my truck i just found and old 50 section of the Parflex. Reminds me how I use to coil it, big loops like 3'+ diameter. Don't remember having trouble with till I started winding it on my rokan reel. Went back to big loops bungee'd in my truck. Whole thing got old....
Same thing here. Nipples to the knees.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been using 3 X 100' sections of "Chem-Who KMA" I got from Greenie eons ago. Nothin wrong with it as far as I can see. But I just got 100' from Olson to be safe.

Name
Marcus
Are you guys seriously telling me there is a 20-30 degree difference with this hose.....and does it last longer??
If so as long as it winds up on the hose real I'll get some...
Cap

Chris A

Name
Chris
Takes a couple weeks to break it in on my hydramaster reels but after that it's good. I dunno about the heat but I do like that when it blows it's a pinhole leak and not black death

Reactions: Todd Millar

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I just purchased some for myself, I will report back on the temp thing, I will put some good time on it this week. I have been wanting to try this stuff out for a long time, thanks for the info MB.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My TM is staying right at 230-240 most of the time and I run 100-120 of skinny right now on average....my ATW temps are 190-205. This has been the norm for a while now. So I will know right away if the hose holds the heat better.
What I am really excited about is getting rid of the dreaded hose trail that seems to cook into the carpet fibers.

I was really shocked at the weight of the box when I picked it up....I believe I ordered a 120 foot run and it was very light. I did not have any issues getting it to roll up on the reel......now taking it off is going to be interesting....I have not done that yet, but I do believe it is not going to be the same as the skinny.

The black film issue will be nice to get rid of too. I have noticed that the higher heat has caused this to be a little more of a issue with the skinny, and it is not that old less than a year.

Reactions: gtech12v

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay just a update
I have been using Parker Parflex over this last week. The heat is without a doubt better, I am staying at a consistant 200-210 ATW at @120 of Parflex.
I am going at a much faster rate just because I am so busy this week, all empties, I know the temps will get a little hotter on my resi work when it is not so blow and go.
I made a error in my post earlier I thought my TM gauge Numbers were higher on the gauge, it tops out at 240 not 250. My TM is staying between 200-230 mark and stays in that range probably about 220 as my wand today was popping almost all day. I put a lie detector on wand for a while to just check it every time I looked at it, it was @ 205+ it is kinda bulky so I took it off after a couple rooms.

I can say the hose ACTS much different than goodyear type hose (steel/rubber) it is much less flexable or I should say it doesn't lay the same, well at least not in these units I have been on this last week very cut up inside. They are just a pita to work in Townhouse/condo type.

I started out putting it on my hose reel but it does not come off the same as steel braid either.....very noticable on the first job when it is cold, but I have found it coils up fairly easily and because it is SO LIGHT, I kinda prefer to just loop it and set it in the back of the van.

So as of now I am SUPER happy with it, the nice light weight, and added heat has just made my PC Legend a little better. I always figure eighted my solution hose on the way out of the job back to the van anyway just made spooling my hose up on the reel easier, so being able to coil this up and set it in the van so it is ready for the next job is okay too.

So thanks Mikey for the suggestion super happy with it, now I just have to wait and see how long it lasts

So if any are trying to get a little more heat, the Parker Parflex does seem to help with that.

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've been using the same three 100' Parflex lines for six or seven years now, getting the ends recrimped two or three times when they fail and pinhole leak. I use Goodyear Neptune hose for then first 35 or 50' from the truck and that protects the Parker from the heat. I don't keep them on a live reel as that seems to shorten their life. It's not that slower just to hand loop the hose and hang it as you have it ready to bring in on the next job, and it keeps the hose clean from the outside and protects the shutoffs and the fittings from damage from being dragged. Love the light weight and the coiling is long since relaxed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom