Votes: 36 60.0%
  • of no concern

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • something I know I need to do very soon

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
A Leading edge SEO company wants to know how important a first page on Google website is to YOUR business

If enough replies are generated a raffle will be put in place for a free boost to your current standings.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
A Leading edge SEO company wants to know how important a first page on Google website is to YOUR business

If enough replies are generated a raffle will be put in place for a free boost to your current standings.

Sweet, my buffalo site needs a boost big time. Been stuck in mud for little while now.

EDS

Name
Ed
Besides customer refferals ,Google is the only way I get customers. I am on the first page in two of my target markets.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'm on the first page of Google 6 times for Upholstery cleaning. But, only 2 times for Carpet Cleaning. I working to get 2 more for carpet cleaning back up there again.( A bit tough since there are 70 carpet cleaning companies here.) The main thing is that being on the first page of Google with one listing is not enough.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Just got a real website up, so yup, it's time in the next little bit here.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Meatless hamburger helper is the only way to go.

I save money that way.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I didn't click on an option because I didn't find one relevant. I had Rotovac make a nice website this year with their SEO service. Not one call from it, no one has seen it. $1000 down the drain. I'm still booked beyond capacity and tossing perfectly good customers off to Hagopian and Modernistic. It would be nice if I had some kind of SEO that highlighted my website but what difference would it make?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Maybe one day I can sit on the porch with ya'll, for now I drag hoses and suck rugs thinking one day, just maybe one day : )

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I find seo work very important but in a big market like we are in, we would basically need a team to work a couple hours a day to get some headway on some of these companies that have on staff seo guys doing all day.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Extremely important, on both sides of the fence for us, restoration side more so.

Just spent a boatload of $ for urls and have a budget set aside for a new website and planning on looking for an SEO co. Problem is finding one out of the 600 million out there. So far I have gotten really soft estimated costs and guarantees.

Can't spend $20-30k and not get results.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
WTH is a leading edge SEO company? pretty much any kid who has taken a computer class out of college calls themselves that.

FredC

Village Idiot
WTH is a leading edge SEO company? pretty much any kid who has taken a computer class out of college calls themselves that.

well at least now I know who is doing your seo....all this time I just thought "laying low" was an internet strategy.............:D

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
SEO is super important here, I live in a very tech savvy area close to a major university. I imagine its getting more important everywhere. I'm paying a company @ $80 per month to deal with it because I don't have the time to dig in and figure it out myself. It seems to be working well as most of our new customers find us on "the map" (Google) or click on our sponsored link (PPC).

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Chads

Supportive Member
I would love to actually get a website up, and I know google placement would make a difference. But dang I'm so tired of all this Internet crap of having to compete against some out of state or major companies trying to hijack my customers actually pushing my company and other locals down the list. There not even any where close to my area but they clean your house and all your flood damages. Then they try to call you to do the job for pennies on the dollar. I know thats capitalism, but shoot that's just shady crap.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would love to actually get a website up, and I know google placement would make a difference. But dang I'm so tired of all this Internet crap of having to compete against some out of state or major companies trying to hijack my customers actually pushing my company and other locals down the list. There not even any where close to my area but they clean your house and all your flood damages. Then they try to call you to do the job for pennies on the dollar. I know thats capitalism, but shoot that's just shady crap.

Save your money the internet is just a fad. I had my website up all year and I have only gotten a handful or two of jobs from it. today

Reactions: Russ T.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I want to get on the pages in the neighboring cities to mine...as mine is "smallish", but the other cities are smallish as well....but together make up a decent size...ala county.....

but how do i get it for the next cities????

FredC

Village Idiot
I want to get on the pages in the neighboring cities to mine...as mine is "smallish", but the other cities are smallish as well....but together make up a decent size...ala county.....

but how do i get it for the next cities????

I will semi-answer this.

In the olden days there was potential to get in the places pack for surrounding cities. Now unless there are NO other companies geographically relevant "surrounding" will not be displayed. These are the most relevant results based on the query....which is what the googleman wants to deliver.

Since you are not located in those surrounding cities you will only show in the organic results. The actual ranking potential of these will vary. Sometimes a couple organics are shown before the places pack.......sometimes after...mostly depending (it seems) on search volume.

This is why you see out of area (but close by) or un-affiliated listings (no places claim) shown in the organics. Local (address matching query) are displayed in the places pack.

There is a considerable disadvantage to the organics even when they are BEFORE the places pack and it is because of the way most people use the search results. Most gravitating to either the ads (with offer) or the places listing. A significant number not clicking through but using the Places Pack as the "white Pages"

How do you get in the next cities?

Organically...or having a unique additional places listing with supporting "cred"....NAP and links.......best if its actually legit........but

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so then, 1 or 2 here

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#sclient=psy-ab&q=carpet%20cleaning%20layton%20utah&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=e86f09c8cce34c11&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE&biw=1920&bih=947

oh shit....1st page 2nd after places....hummmm

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...GE&fp=e86f09c8cce34c11&ion=1&biw=1920&bih=947

ohhh and 2nd here...these are the 2 "next" cities....kaysville, syracuse...

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...GE&fp=e86f09c8cce34c11&ion=1&biw=1920&bih=947

now that douche kellys....well lets just say he doesnt have ALL these "locations" but has bought multiple numbers and somehow tied them to addresses....

FredC

Village Idiot
multiple "locations"...........

BUT...if not done right will bite you in the ass

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea he even has one for ogden.....which is 20 miles north....no biggy...BUT his address plops him right where I KNOW he does not have a location....

oh well.....like i said for now i am happy....i am busier then shit...other wise i would be making up some of those...uhhhh i call them mini pages....like this

http://www.layton-carpet-cleaning.com/carpet-upholstery-cleaning-centerville-ut

plus i guess i need to get some videos going

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I didn't click on an option because I didn't find one relevant. I had Rotovac make a nice website this year with their SEO service. Not one call from it, no one has seen it. $1000 down the drain. I'm still booked beyond capacity and tossing perfectly good customers off to Hagopian and Modernistic. It would be nice if I had some kind of SEO that highlighted my website but what difference would it make?
Why have a website if you don't need the work. Also why spend money on advertising. My total spent in the last 20 years is zero unless you count what I pay for my phone number. Unless I want to grow I won't bother with a web site or advertising. Money not spent is money earned.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom