PC 405 vac lift

MerCrewser

How much lift would you run on a Prochem 405? Manual says 12" max. Would a kunkle make a substantial difference? Which kunkle brand would be best? I'm running 2.5 all the way to the wand.

Greenie

If you are running 2.5 all the way to the wand, I doubt you are seeing much more than 10"hg at the gauge when actually cleaning......correct? Then it really doesn't matter, neither a 12" stock relief or a 15" kunkle would open much under those conditions. Check it and report back, if you find "actual cleaning" restriction to reach 12"hg, then yes a 15"hg Kunkle or better yet, Bayco valve will help a bit.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Isn't it a pita to run 2.5 in the house? I just can't see it being vary easy. How do you connect it to the wand?

Keith

MerCrewser

I think my vac gauge is broken, I dont trust it - it reads 15 with only hoses attached and can be erratic. I have a seperate water lift gauge I use to be sure the relief opens, this gauge seems to be very accurate.. I'll play around with it, but I think I'm gonna leave it alone.

2.5 is easier to use than 2. I have 100 ft of 2.5. Budget is limited but as soon as its possible, I'm gonna order another 100 ft because as soon as a 2 gets hooked up, performance goes south. I use cool cuffs to hook direct to wand, but after only a few months, they are becoming worn out and wont stay connected. The wand swivel broke the 1st day I used it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
MerCrewser said:
I think my vac gauge is broken, I dont trust it - it reads 15 with only hoses attached and can be erratic. I have a seperate water lift gauge I use to be sure the relief opens, this gauge seems to be very accurate.. I'll play around with it, but I think I'm gonna leave it alone.

Yeah 15 with just the hoses sound wrong. With one 2.5 hose I'm reading 3 hook up my 2" and still stays under 5.

Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom