pda / smartphone

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
The Dell Axim pda I have used for the past 6 years is finished. Looks like the stand alone pda's have gone the way of the dinosaur so a Blackberry will probably take its place (no iphone service here). Being a one pony show I got good at taking calls on the cell while entering the appointment in the axim. How do you manage this with a smartphone?

My contact manager and daytimer is all in outlook, does anyone know if it can be loaded onto the smartphone?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You can get microsoft files on the blackberry, my spreadsheets shows up on it. We have the 8900 curve with tmobile and are pretty happy with it.

check out www.crackberry.com great site

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I have the Storm and hate it. It's just not my cup of tea. I use my phone A LOT and it is a pain for me to navigate. The screen lock and unlock feature is slow and a pain to initiate. I also have the blackberry 8830 and I like it except it doesn't have a camera. I was in the Verizon store Friday getting my Wife a new phone and I was contemplating getting the blackberry flip phone. The manager told me to hold off as verizon has a new blackberry coming out in about a month.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Blackberry 8330 is the workhorse. Tried and proven reliable and easy to use and navigate. I enter my appointments directly into it and it syncs with google calendar. I either put the call on speakerphone to enter it into the calendar while on the call or of course if I've got my bluetooth on you can enter it while on the call.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
When i went onto the crackberry site there were alot of people saying to go with the 8900 vs the storm and the bold, so that was the one we choose, than again i never had a bb before so i can't compare them all. I've noticed that google maps gps on it works better than my own GPS in the van when i can't find an address.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I got the Touch Diamond. Not perfect but I can write in it like I did my palm and my other pocketpc.
Battery life is good, has bluetooth and wifi, data connection if you need it.
You should still be able to find a ppc out there somewhere. The last one I bought was an HP which had GPS (real GPS not the data connection internet imitation).

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I just picked up the new curve8900 last week and so far I like it a lot! I was eyeballing the storm for a while and since I started playing with it a little more serious, I realized I could never use a touch screen device like that. I don't want a touch screen phone!! The 8900 works very nice even with my big hands.
The factory loaded apps are giving a good start to use it in a lot of different ways.
Only downside is the factory installed micro SD is only 256MB.... I'm going to update to either 8 or 16GB. That should hold a lot of my music and pictures.
My wife has 1GB card in her phone and we loaded over 250 songs on it and still has room on the card.

Zee

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have the Blackberry Bold 9000 and the new Jawbone Prime Bluetooth. Has been a great phone for me. The Prime Bluetooth is very good also. I hated the Jawbone II. I didn't work at all. I did have good luck with the original jawbone, but the Prime is smaller and doing a great job now. I have had a ton of different pda's. The Bold is doing pretty well. My wife has the I-Phone. I don't like it as well as my Blackberry and I seem to get better reception on the Blackberry in limited cell reception areas.

The Blackberry can sink to your outlook. I also have Franklin Covey system on mine.

Mark Saiger

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I just picked up the new curve8900 last week and so far I like it a lot! I was eyeballing the storm for a while and since I started playing with it a little more serious, I realized I could never use a touch screen device like that. I don't want a touch screen phone!! The 8900 works very nice even with my big hands.
The factory loaded apps are giving a good start to use it in a lot of different ways.
Only downside is the factory installed micro SD is only 256MB.... I'm going to update to either 8 or 16GB. That should hold a lot of my music and pictures.
My wife has 1GB card in her phone and we loaded over 250 songs on it and still has room on the card.

Zee

When i got ours they gave us a 2 gb card i have yet to install it keep forgetting, ive taken several videos and pictures and so far no limitation yet, i know what you mean by music though, haven't uploaded any of my music to it yet.

Have you guys try to run your music from the BB to your car audio and or laptop while on the road? I'm sure it's possible. Being mobil is great, i need to get one of those laptop stands. Mark's setup from the pics is sweet.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I've tried just about every bluetooth out there, jawbone included, and recently bough the planetronics model with the gel inserts. No over the ear loop. It simply stays put in your ear with the gel earpiece. Way more comfortable for me and it keeps the mic boom on my cheek so that the person I'm talking to can hear me clealy.. Since it kind of sticks in your ear, the sound is consistent. Unlike the over the ear types that can flop around.

The new Blackberry is called the tour. I'll be checking it out as soon as it is released. Anyone want a used Storm?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom