Peak 500

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I'm taking my time and over-researching TM's. Thought I settled on a Judson but maybe not.

Just curious about the Peak 500. It's not much more than a 370, but appears to be in a different league on paper.

Am I missing something? Is the 370 close in price because it is so compact?

Legend's own propaganda says "enough power to run a 6 flow wand straight out" like that's a big deal. My small machines can do that.

Last edited:

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Was told by a TM mechanic that the valves need to be adjusted every 500 hrs on the Kawasaki motor.

FredC

Village Idiot
Was told by a TM mechanic that the valves need to be adjusted every 500 hrs on the Kawasaki motor.
So less often than a Judson C4 (250 hours check and adjust on Vangaurd 35) if you follow the manufacturers maintenance schedule

*kawi should actually be checked adjusted at 300 hours.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'm taking my time and over-researching TM's. Thought I settled on a Judson but maybe not.

Just curious about the Peak 500. It's not much more than a 370, but appears to be in a different league on paper.

Legend's own propaganda says "enough power to run a 6 flow wand straight out" like that's a big deal. My small machines can do that.
I like the fuel efficiency specs of the 500 but yeah I thought the 6 flow comment was funny too

would be nice to hear from someone who runs 1

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I like the fuel efficiency specs of the 500 but yeah I thought the 6 flow comment was funny too

would be nice to hear from someone who runs 1
I don’t like that the Kawasaki motor valves have to be adjusted at 300 hours or whatever it is.

I also don’t like the idea of spending 21k on a machine that’s been out a year.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don’t like that the Kawasaki motor valves have to be adjusted at 300 hours or whatever it is.

I also don’t like the idea of spending 21k on a machine that’s been out a year.
For all the truckmounts that Briggs, you have to adjust the valves also. One reason I hate the air cooled engines also. For me...it's worth spending the extra few grand and getting a tm with the kubota engine, whether it's the 570 or a Titan575.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
bumpity bump

I know the 500 is still a relatively new machine, but anyone here got one out in the field?

legend brands list it as being a 31hp but kawasakis own figures list it as 31hp at 3600rpm not the 3000rpm its set at, it doesn't even run in its ideal torque range of 3200rpm

just wondering how it performs in the real world

pros cons etc

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Kohlers use hydraulic lifters (I think across all?) so no valve adjustments needed
yes but valve adjustments are super easy at the same time. We run a briggs and a kohler both are really easy to work on. Tearing the entire kohler apart and doing valves, push rods, every gasket, crank case seal plus a bunch more was about a 2hr job which included removing and replacing the motor on the TNT

Reactions: Hack Attack

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

I’m of the opinion that most all truck mounts will have enough vacuum and solution flow & pressure. But the thing that separates a machine’s cleaning performance is how much temperature can be maintained (not attained) at higher flow rates.

None of that has to do with build quality and proven long term track record of reliability.

If you want the best of both worlds, the Legacy 2200 may be worth a look at https://www.steamway.com/legacy-2200.html

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I’m of the opinion that most all truck mounts will have enough vacuum and solution flow & pressure. But the thing that separates a machine’s cleaning performance is how much temperature can be maintained (not attained) at higher flow rates.

None of that has to do with build quality and proven long term track record of reliability.

If you want the best of both worlds, the Legacy 2200 may be worth a look at https://www.steamway.com/legacy-2200.html

I’ve never seen that machine. Seems a lot like an El Diablo.

Any idea what the cost is

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have an idea of price but not sure exactly. It will by necessity be more than an El Diablo.
It is an updated design of the Powermatic that has been built since the 1970’s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom