Pee Pee

Mikey P

Administrator
Im glad to admit that I am no pro at urine odor removal.

Had a repeat yesterday where I had tried before a few months ago, where a female cat let loose in one watermelon sized area.

Spare bed room so either the cat went again or the home owner got around to sniffing the spot. Strangely, it hardly showed up under my UV light but when I sprayed one peroxide based chem on it, it most definitely become apparent. I put 32 ounces down and let it dwell over an hour.

Rinsed and still stunk., so I put another quart of another popular product down, mushed it in with my wand and just vacuumed the excess off, leaving plenty behind. Even through the heavy parfume, I could still smell the urine.

Customer didnt want to lift the carpet but Pad removal and cleaning the back will be the plan of attack next time if the second enzyme based stuff didnt work.

For mild, top only fixes, whats your favorite product?

I'm told by those in the know that Unduzit is by far and away the industries best seller these days. Guess I'll give some a shot.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I like the Bridgepoint products. Not the expanding powder crap though. That is only good for volcano science projects. But I have given up on using Bridgepoint products because ordering online with Interlink sucks giant fat ones. Anyhoo, just ordered a case of P-Lime through Jon Don. Not looking forward to trying it out but I know I will have to eventually

Reactions: D Luke

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Pros Choice OSR mixed hot and blasted everywhere through the Hydro-Force. Equivalent dilution of 4 oz per rtu gallon. I like it because you spray the whole job with it and it's a fantastic pre-spray as well.

Never get urine call backs, not sure if that's because it works so well or I highly manage expectations before hand.

It's so rare that urine contamination is limited to a reasonable number of easily definable spots. I just don't see the various systems currently pushed by chemical manufacturers as realistic except for in a VERY small number of situations.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
Sally’s 40 vol, with 2 cups Hydrocide per gallon and 1 cup ordorcide fresh scent.... spray heavy, let dwell, extract....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Pros Choice OSR mixed hot and blasted everywhere through the Hydro-Force. Equivalent dilution of 4 oz per rtu gallon. I like it because you spray the whole job with it and it's a fantastic pre-spray as well.

Never get urine call backs, not sure if that's because it works so well or I highly manage expectations before hand.

It's so rare that urine contamination is limited to a reasonable number of easily definable spots. I just don't see the various systems currently pushed by chemical manufacturers as realistic except for in a VERY small number of situations.

Just dont use OSR on wool.

steve_64

Molecular modifier mixed 50 50 injected into pad. Collect check. Only thing that worked for me on Feefee peepee.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wonder how many lose customers because they are in denial about their pets? No matter what you spray down the customer has to understand it is a temporary "Treatment". But some just don't get it............and go on to the next carpet cleaner who promises the world...............only to be disappointed again. Giving carpet cleaners all a bad name.

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
UnDuzit has a nice clean fragrance, but didn’t work for me...I got a call back from the customer. This time I used an acid urine pretreatment let it dwelled, water clawed it, flooded it plain water from a water bucket(only filled gallon 1/2 of water) rinsed it with Saiger rinse, set up Omni air mover for 30 min...went down with my nose to the carpet and smelled like the pretreatment.

steve_64

Worse odor ever..
Better than cat pee.

I do like odorcide for most other stuff and I use a lot of osr. One spot of cat pee I would use the mm. Every time I've used it the odors were gone. But you have to inject it.

Its what I know works. I was a bane boy for a long time so I'm trying to catch up. Just hard to judge new products over a short period. Took me 12 years to buy a used butler.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Sally’s 40 vol, with 2 cups Hydrocide per gallon and 1 cup ordorcide fresh scent.... spray heavy, let dwell, extract....
Peroxide with good deo is the only way to effectively do it without having to waste an hour of your day to “feed” the enzymes

Wand Slinger

Name
Christopher Paulhamus
So back to basics. I only know of 4 ways to combat pet peeves odor.
1. Enzyme (digest)
2. Peroxide (oxidize)
3. Encapsulate (enclose)
4. Acid rinse (lower pH)
From here I concede the floor to my colleague Damon

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Mike you remember me calling once about dog odor?

I quoteyour remark: “First thing I tell them is “that smell ain’t coming out.””

I tried all the above remedies to no avail just to prove you wrong. Three frigging trips. Then I refunded their money for that room and told them to replace because chemistry wasn’t going to do what was needed.

Do that.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Might as well go VLM, since HWE the urine job doesn't do jack...:razz:

just release the cat to the wild, the coyote will take care of it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom