PEOPLE WHO DICTATE TO YOU

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
They get fired immediately...

They hire me to do the job...

If they know it all then do it yourself and or hire some one that wants to listen to a non carpet cleaner...

My 2 cents...

I do not care if I am broke and need the money badly or I am well off...

There are limits an this is one of them...

Other than that I am more then considerate to there needs...But...

One reason I always pre qualify all work and communicate ..

duckster

Had one today, smell of pet urine hit me the moment I walked through the door. Urine stains all throughout the living room and I never got to the other rooms. The place smelled worse than the pound on a hot summer day and it was only 40 degrees outside. She is thinking she is going to get in on some low price deal. Like the person who waits to go to dentist after all their rotted out and they figure 30 minutes to a perfect smile.

She: Do you have something you can spray on the urine spots?
Me: Nothing you can spray is going to make this problem go away, the spots are going to get worse, this carpet needs to be taken up and everything from the subfloor on up needs to be cleaned, carpet cleaned from both sides, and the pad replaced.
She: Well, the Stanley Steemer guy has never said anything.
Me: Well, he is not an IICRC certified tech either mam.

I was asked to leave and since I would not have done what she expected that was cool by me. Fact is, her daughter had the same problem. I went back a second time and took care of it, making no money on the deal. But I did learn thanks to her daughter to fully disclose what will happen if I clean as requested and make the customer sign a waiver form.

I no longer view a scheduled job as a job. It is a sales appointment. I am prepared to clean but if we don't reach an agreement of what is best it is all just window dressing. Maintaining the right to turn down a job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom