Peroxcellent before and after

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
lance said:
Ron, your theory of "just spreading around" the dirt when a pad is dirty just isn't true.

I am for HWE as much as anyone here, but I also own and use an OP machine. If the two are used together the results will almost always be outstanding.

The reason the pad doesn't smear dirt onto the carpet is because the pad is made to absorb the cleaning solution and the dirt that it contains and the dirt that is on the carpet fiber. It only does this because the carpet is NOT made out of cotton. It is usually nylon or olefin.

I know John G. has written this before in a thread that you participated in. So I know you have read this before.....you just don't believe it. That's ok. Call John he can talk to you about it better than anyone else can.

When an OP pad gets dirty it stops absorbing the dirt. That is all. That is why the tech has to watch what he is cleaning. The more you change pads the more dirt gets picked up into it. The pads do not release the dirt back onto the carpet. They have to be soaked and washed with a strong cleaner to even come clean.

YOu wouldn't believe how dirty the water in the washer is until you see it for yourself. The OP system is not perfect but it is effective and can clean carpet very well.

I know you are a great cleaner and do a very good job for your customers. I just want you to know that the dirt on the pad does not smear back onto the carpet. And I agree with you that more pads used is better than less pads used. Just like more water used (prespray and rinse) is better than only a small amount used.

Keep on trucking, bro.

That part of it makes perfect sense.
So what happens when the pad stops absorbing but isn't changed for several sf?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used Vacaways combo pads yesterday.

I think I like them better than the superzorbs. They seem to be more durable and it feels like it's scrubbing the carpet a bit more.

I really need to try the glad pads next.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ok, watch these guys. This is why I'm not a big fan of this method. You can tell me those pads absorb soil but there is no way its absorbing all of that! After the 2nd or 3rd pass he's spreading, not collecting.
x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0T8z-0VQCox]

lance

That's a rotary and Xerion. Not an OP machine and not OP pads. Way different.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 208614427#

This is John G. with his old 1/3 hp machine and cotton pads. You can see the dirt being picked up on the pad. Watch when he goes over a cleaned part with a dirty pad. No smearing. The pad is cleaning the carpet.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ron Werner said:
Ok, watch these guys. This is why I'm not a big fan of this method. You can tell me those pads absorb soil but there is no way its absorbing all of that! After the 2nd or 3rd pass he's spreading, not collecting.
w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0T8z-0VQCow]

OK Ron,

You can take a Clean White Towel from Walmart put it under your 175 or OP and go over your wet carpet-- Why don't you do this? You know it will pick up more dirt?

It will pick up a some of the dirt you didn't vacuum and didn't rinse out and it will pick up a lot of the moisture you left in the carpet. You know that moisture is very dirty.

When you are finished HWE your carpet and then run a Clean towel over it and the towel stays clean then you can put raise your vacuum and say you are better.

Carpet Cleaning is a misnomer you are really just making the carpet look better.

You Leave a ton of dirt

Your theory that you are getting all the dirt is just like the theory that the world is flat---BOGUS

Then after you SWIRL a new towel on your carpet you could go back, prespray and OP and get more dirt....

Wanna make a career of doing one carpet? How long can you stay in one 200 square foot living room cleaning and still get more dirt?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It bugs me that the guy is walking on what he just cleaned. lol

You have to admit the carpet looks pretty good and the customer was probably happy with it.

If it stays looking and smelling good, then you've won.

I wonder what solution that guy was using.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
sure I could wipe it with a white towel and it would look "slightly soiled". If it comes out more than slightly then I haven't done my job.
Actually, I'll let you know later today. I've a house that hasn't been cleaned in a few years, I'll take a pic of the white towel after I wipe the freshly cleaned area.

Of course we're not going to get it all, but be objective for a moment. You're telling me that ONE pad "CLEANED" all that soil OFF the carpet?? If that guy had changed/flipped the pad a couple times it would be more believable.

and yes, the custy was probably tickled pink about the cleaning. Goes to show what cleaners can get away with. If the best we can do is just making the carpet "look" better, then why not try and get it as clean as possible,then at least you know it will stay cleaner longer. Carpet is designed to hide soil. Are we just helping it hide more? I think we can set our sights a little higher, without having to be super anal. Just a little extra effort can make a big difference.

The vid was about Xperion, I think that's a proprietary soln.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just had another thought as I was walking out the door. ANd keep in mind, I'm not knocking the system, just the method as shown.

These guys cleaning this room without flipping or changing the pad is like me using only 10 gallons of water which I keep recycling through the pump. The water I'm cleaning with is going to be pretty darn black by the time I finish the room.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here ya go...I did this one this morning. 4000 sqft house...this was the little office that was tore up.
Peroxcellent and a little bit of intensity green boost. Scrubbed with an agiclean pad and then cleaned with a combo pad.

The office had that black pollution crap all over it from the computers.

Not bad

beforeandafter2.jpg

beforeandafter21.jpg

She was amazed and said I needed to put it on my website.
Of course she's telling all her friends and family. shiteatinggrin

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian R said:
Burtz said:
fiber bloom

Not really. The carpet was in bad shape to begin with but I don't think I screwed up the fibers any more.

It was already tip bloomed from the before shot, I can clearly see it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Man...that desk leg looks like a photoshopped piece.. I don't know why but the light reflecting soo weird on it.

Brian what camera did you use? Cell phone?

lance

I think you're right Bill. Traffic lanes seem to hide the wear and tear until you OP them. The orbital really digs up the fibers and shows you what it looked like under the dirt.

Good job Brian.

John G. told me before I bought an OP machine that the carpets will always look better the next day. You'll have to ask him why. But I can tell you that is my experience also. I don't think a normal digital camera can really capture how much cleaner the carpet is after the next day.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Man...that desk leg looks like a photoshopped piece.. I don't know why but the light reflecting soo weird on it.

Brian what camera did you use? Cell phone?

It's my new sprint Epic phone. The photos are good...but I'm thinking a real camera still might be better....but I'm not going to buy one. lol

I took the pick right before I vacuumed it and took the after pick after I cleaned and vacuumed it again.

By the time I left....I still had to do 2 staircases....it looked even better.

The next day thing is true. Steve from Vacaway told me that the final stages of drying....when it's completely dry is when the solution really kicks in for the yellowing and browning etc.
I don't really understand it either...I'm not a chemist....but as long as it works, I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom