Perpetual water leak from my SS 570

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I have a 570 that seems to have a perpetual water leak coming from the bottom of the water box . I have a drip pan underneath that separates the machine from the wastetank so its definately not coming from there. I've checked the thermvalve and all related hoses. Thoughts?
I can imagine what a new water box would cost....

IMG_1606.JPG

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I had an instance with my 570 that was similar. My waste tank float had debris on it causing it not to operate properly. Which of course led to blowing water out of the blower a couple of times that day. The next day I had the same thoughts as you.
Anyway. I realized that the silencer between the blower and the heat exchanger was saturated. Water was leaking from the boot between silencer and HX.
Let it run on a low idle for 30 minutes or so to dry it out. Check your waste tank float.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Mikey P

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I had an instance with my 570 that was similar. My waste tank float had debris on it causing it not to operate properly. Which of course led to blowing water out of the blower a couple of times that day. The next day I had the same thoughts as you.
Anyway. I realized that the silencer between the blower and the heat exchanger was saturated. Water was leaking from the boot between silencer and HX.
Let it run on a low idle for 30 minutes or so to dry it out. Check your waste tank float.
Hope that helps.

I appreciate the reply, but its a significant amount of water. If I put my ear the left side of the heat exchanger, I can hear it hissing at the bottom when its pressurized. I have checked everything above and its dry. Question is if it is a leak, can you fix it by welding.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I appreciate the reply, but its a significant amount of water. If I put my ear the left side of the heat exchanger, I can hear it hissing at the bottom when its pressurized. I have checked everything above and its dry. Question is if it is a leak, can you fix it by welding.
I would think so call
Mitch his new guy is pretty good

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Sapphire is very proud of their metal working process. They should warranty a cracked water box.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The overflow on your waterbox, is the water coming out of the tube at the cap? When i have that issue i isually need to adjust the pressure regulator on the fresh water inlet.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The overflow on your waterbox, is the water coming out of the tube at the cap? When i have that issue i isually need to adjust the pressure regulator on the fresh water inlet.
They usually have a tube off that going out the bottom of the van

Wouldn’t flood the truck.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
They usually have a tube off that going out the bottom of the van

Wouldn’t flood the truck.
Sure it would. Hes got a drip pan. The water is running off into the pan, then god knows where after that.and yes. On the tube. I didn’t think I really had to mention that.

Not saying thats what it is. Just trying to help. Its an issue I’ve had when my van flooded.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sure it would. Hes got a drip pan. The water is running off into the pan, then god knows where after that.and yes. On the tube. I didn’t think I really had to mention that.

Not saying thats what it is. Just trying to help. Its an issue I’ve had when my van flooded.
Ya I get it when I had my 570 moved they didn’t put the hose back on the water box.

So if it does leak it will flood my truck.

I use a rv water pressure regulator before the garden hose to keep the pressure low.

But I’ve had a few filters from my water softener crack and leak too.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dude I bet a dollar JB weld will hold stuff is awesome lol

to much heat and thermal expansion JB weld will never hold....and when it does let loose..you will have to pull the entire machine out and go through this all over again....not to mention how weak and corroded it looks...your just asking for more problems...

someone should step up on this one...it should have never happened...

Happy Birthday BTW......

Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

steve_64

to much heat and thermal expansion JB weld will never hold....and when it does let loose..you will have to pull the entire machine out and go through this all over again....not to mention how weak and corroded it looks...your just asking for more problems...

Happy Birthday BTW......
You can use a propane torch to melt it in. I've repaired a cracked engine block that way that was really bad.

But I agree it should be replaced. If it wasn't under warrantee that's what I would do.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Happy Birthday BTW......
Thank you

Mikey P

Administrator

"Someone" did step up at Legends and OK'd the parts and labor to fix this issue. They know that Tom is a long standing MB'r, a big SS supporter and a LEO to boot, so they did the right thing and took care of him.

But this Mitch dude, who Tom has bought three machines from, forced Tom to pay the difference in labors rates (what LB pays and what he charges) and for what he would have made off of selling Tom the box.

total douche move....

Had Tom come in two months earlier, it would have all been covered.

$950 * pounding...

Reactions: SamIam and Nomad74
Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Sounds like Mitch, hes on the money side big time. I bought my 650Hp from him 2007 and never been back for service. Chems yes , but he loves himself to much and his fancy Range Rovers and corvette

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sounds like Mitch, hes on the money side big time. I bought my 650Hp from him 2007 and never been back for service. Chems yes , but he loves himself to much and his fancy Range Rovers and corvette
All you broke dicks love making
Money! The minute someone else makes a
dime you scream!

Oh wait I’am about to scream lol!

Seriously Sapphire said they would pay for 3 hours labor on a seven hour job.

Tim worked late to get it done.

I don’t know, just cause your a distributor, your not going to eat labor based on a flawed design.

$900 was a lot cheaper then paying for the whole thing!

I know it still hurts. Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom