Persistence

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
[center:226qy41x]There is no greater obstacle in the way of success in life than trusting for something to turn up instead of going to work and turning up something.[/center:226qy41x]

Find your work. You will be a lucky ccer if your work finds you.
Who wants to depend on luck?
:wink:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Persistence. I have been doing sales calls to a local Outback since November 2008. They had gotten to know me so well that whoever came to the door let me in. After 5 months I finally got them to disclose how much they were paying. I was 150. over their current company. But, what I found out "finally" was they had ask me to bid a certain way (a whole store and then in two weeks isles only) and this is how I quoted the job. Come to find out the other company was only cleaning once per month. After making a adjustment I got them to let me do a free demo. I'll let you know how it turns out. 6 Months working to get this account. The demo turned out great! Like new tile and great looking carpet and I even got the 3 gum spots that the other company left behind just in that little area.

Persistence
www.cleancarpetwizards.com

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well it's Sat night. Did a $264 job at 10 am, a $144 estimate at 1pm (landed that job for next week) stopped by the restaurant and took the manager and showed him the demo area since he wasn't there when I did it. He really liked it, said he wanted to see how long it would hold up compared to the other company. I left really pretty upset because the demo was nothing short of great so I felt I was just getting my chain yanked. I pulled onto the interstate to head home and seen I had missed a call but there was a message. Restaurant manager had left a message that he wanted to talk some more about the job. Tried to call him back but he didn't answer so I whipped her around at next intersection and headed back. After about 10 minutes of negotiating I left with the job.

6 months, I do believe persistance pays off.

Now on to the next restaurant that I've been working on for 5 months! I'm $130 dollars over current company but their work stinks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been working on some estimates that I have done the last two days.
I got a big tile job for Tuesday and hopefully a whole house...including house cleaning.
Another estimate I did today...I got more work for the other people in my networking group than me. I am sure I will be doing the work...it's just the other companys have to do their work first.

As long as they don't suck, I will be able to suck. That's carpet cleaning lingo for the newbies. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom