Pet Odor Control Question

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The problem with pet odors is often what it costs to really treat them is more than most customers begin to want to pay for.

How much are you willing to do, and for what (rough) price?

Ernie G

Jim, my experience with my clients and pet odors is that most of the time we are working with the homeowner to try and manage the problem since the offender is still in the house. As far as pricing, it depends on the situation, every job is a little different. We need to give the client good honest advice, with options.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Did a pad removal subfloor clean and seal clean both sides of the carpet and reinstall deal... Charged a little over six hundred for a large room with nothing to move.

Guy is a good customer now.

I usually charge 40 a gallon for claw treatments, sq ft charge for Milgo SR, no extra charge if they just want me to use hydromaster UPS and deal with some of the dirt it leaves behind

G

What is ups?Sounds like an enzyme,and if you dont extract it out,ya,it will attract dirt

Kevin

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Urine Pre Spray. It's an acid based pre-spray. It doesn't take out dark traffic lanes, but all yer coffee spots and pee pee spots will be gone plus it will smell much better. The only thing is I know it doesn't do as well on soda and food spills and dirt and traffic lanes.

G

It is not designed to clean,just reliquify the urine for removal.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
And if that's all they want, is the pee sucked out of the carpet, I can do that for them. It also does a stanley steemer job of cleaning the carpet at the same time. If they don't want to pay any more than a regular cleaning that's what they can have done.

I explain it to them in simple terms.

"Yes Mrs. Jones, you have many options, ranging from very expensive to the price of a regular cleaning. You see, the problem is that most pet stains need a cleaning process that is exactly the opposite of what you would use to clean most dirt, soil and spills. If you just want the pet problem improved, and don't want to spend any extra money, I can use a pre-spray designed to help remove some of those spots and help with the odor a little bit, but it's not the right product to remove all the soil."

Most people choose to have something else done, but the UPS works well in some cases.

G

So the resoiling that you speak of is the left over urine,and it should not be resoiling worst than it was.You would be better off spraying an osr product on it and then just extracting,the pre treat chems are usually done with the whole process.

Kevin

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Where are you getting the RE SOILING part? It just doesn't take the soil out to begin with. I use it for people who have generally clean carpet if it wasn't for their little rat dogs. Generally if they have a St. Bernard I don't recommend that process, or if their carpet is heavily soiled I don't recommend that product.

G

"The little soil left behind"Are you really this much of an idot?"Sorry Mrs Jones, there is dirt in that there urine,so which one do you want out"? You better start asking questions a little more.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I guess I am an idot.

Hydromaster UPS. Try it sometime. It will clean a carpet.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Generally to treat a carpet I mix equal parts milgo sr with fab set, spray it over the whole carpet, give it fifteen minutes dwell time, spray with a strong pre-spray and extract, then I mist a very light coating of milgo sr afterwords.

Seriously, try the UPS. I didn't believe it was worth a crap until an old-schooler goaded me into trying it.

Then again, why would you want to listen to an idot?

G

Well first thing I'd do if it is located in a room area/the whole house is a simple plain white vinegar water treatment; attach pad drying wand jump on top and suck carpet/pad dry!! Then spray down your favorite enzyme(I use Sani-512); then use your favorite extraction fluid. Pet odor gone!

Take in mind vinegar and water will need to be used generously!!!! Note Pad Drying Wand (Such as Phoenix Hydro-X Xtreme Xtractor)

Just my in my experience that has worked time and time again.

G

I guess idiot was harsh,I meant uninformed.I will just suggest an odor course for you

Kevin

PS-you see how Ricky did one,then the other,take notes,dont be set in your ways and not trying other methods,and I had an old schooler tell me he used Dawn and lye,want to try it?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jimmy;

Milgo SR is an "aldehyde" containing product.
Hospitals use them for sterilizing instruments.

Much more effective than a "quat" for eliminating microbial odors.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom