pet stains

Tim V.

what works good for pet stains and smells, the carpet blue and has brown stains on it. will JJ and quat work?

John Watson

Don't know till you try, how bad is it? too many variables. what do you think we are magicians? I have pet zone and stain magic as back ups

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if you are going for stains and smell then I would try OSR or Cobbs Oder attack....

Greenie

yes make a concentrated bottle of quat and 02 prespray, hit the stains heavy, let it set for at least 20 mins.

I would use 10oz O2 prespray, 2 oz. quat and 20 oz. warm water in a trigger sprayer.

8-0ZS of OSR and a gallon of hot water and Pour on the spot and let it work into the pad and water claw it out in 30 min. Acid rince it and if you have a stain 40% Perozide.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

We think you will get the best results with a combination of:

1. Oxidizer to remove color and degrade odor-causing material

2. Actual oxidizer-stable enzyme to immediately break down urine deposits.

We formulate one called Dynachem Odor Attack.

Larry

Walt

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
8-0ZS of OSR and a gallon of hot water and Pour on the spot and let it work into the pad and water claw it out in 30 min. Acid rince it and if you have a stain 40% Perozide.

I have to ask. Do you really do that? Most of the subfloors around here are chipboard. I would imagine that it would expand if you were to flood it and let it sit for 30 mins. I've done it on when the subfloor is concrete and plywood with excellent success. Otherwise I've been too nervous. Any problems?

R

Ramon Allones

why would you say enzymes are not safe?

Gracias

EL Guapo

Ramon

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Anyone try Odorcide? It seems to work well for all but the worst pet odor and stains.

Walt said:

I have to ask. Do you really do that? Most of the subfloors around here are chipboard. I would imagine that it would expand if you were to flood it and let it sit for 30 mins. I've done it on when the subfloor is concrete and plywood with excellent success. Otherwise I've been too nervous. Any problems?

Not a one knock on wood. Or chipboard in this case.

John Watson

Chip board is not a problem, made with waterproof resins and glue. The problem is press board.. or hardwood floors hidden under carpet..

Tim V.

Walt said:
[quote="Mountain View Carpet Care":2gjf0e6o]8-0ZS of OSR and a gallon of hot water and Pour on the spot and let it work into the pad and water claw it out in 30 min. Acid rince it and if you have a stain 40% Perozide.

Not a one knock on wood. Or chipboard in this case.[/quote:2gjf0e6o]

I did that once and the water found a rusted nail and a crack on the plywood and started leaking to the first floor ceiling, oops

anyone try pet zone with hydrocide? i was wondering if it worked well on the stain and odor?

tim

my standard procedure is locating the areas of concern with my maglite blacklight, determining how large the area is and how extensive by using a moisture probe. If it doesnt send my probe into siren mode, I boost my prespray with osr/petzone, enzymes (enzall) hydracide/odorcide, and if smell is bad, quatalot and clean. If there are areas that trigger my moisture probe, I mix OSR (tried Petzone and it turned alot of the carpets pink, will never go back) 8 ounces to a gallon of HOT water, with 8 ounces per gallon of Hydracide and 2 ounces per gallon of Quat. Let dwell 30-45 minutes, extract with a waterclaw. Clean the area with a little dd12 in my prespray to help knock down airborne odors. Works great, customers love it and I get $40 a gallon plus my cleaning charges. Again, really liked Petzones potential, didnt foam as much and seemed to work better on the smell with less product used (6 ounces per gallon) but had serious problems turning tan/brown carpet pink. Tested ph, no problem, tried acid correction...you name it. Scared me from using it again. The pink hue was better than the urine stain but OSR never did that so I set the Petzone aside for OSR again.

tim said:
my standard procedure is locating the areas of concern with my maglite blacklight, determining how large the area is and how extensive by using a moisture probe. If it doesnt send my probe into siren mode, I boost my prespray with osr/petzone, enzymes (enzall) hydracide/odorcide, and if smell is bad, quatalot and clean. If there are areas that trigger my moisture probe, I mix OSR (tried Petzone and it turned alot of the carpets pink, will never go back) 8 ounces to a gallon of HOT water, with 8 ounces per gallon of Hydracide and 2 ounces per gallon of Quat. Let dwell 30-45 minutes, extract with a waterclaw. Clean the area with a little dd12 in my prespray to help knock down airborne odors. Works great, customers love it and I get $40 a gallon plus my cleaning charges. Again, really liked Petzones potential, didnt foam as much and seemed to work better on the smell with less product used (6 ounces per gallon) but had serious problems turning tan/brown carpet pink. Tested ph, no problem, tried acid correction...you name it. Scared me from using it again. The pink hue was better than the urine stain but OSR never did that so I set the Petzone aside for OSR again.

Usally pink is a problem with PH. did you test it when it was done with a PH pen of paper?

tim

I have tested with both, ph was in the 7.5 range on 4 different occassions. I treated with an acid in case my readings were off, could not correct them. I wonder if it didnt bleach the yellow out, leaving the pink hue. I have only had this problem with the heated water claw method, but never with OSR. I thought it was a fluke the first time but now it has happened several times and nothing I do prevents or corrects it. I have been lucky that the urine was so severe that the homeowner was pleased to have the urine stain and odor gone but I pulled it off my truck!

tim said:
I have tested with both, ph was in the 7.5 range on 4 different occassions. I treated with an acid in case my readings were off, could not correct them. I wonder if it didnt bleach the yellow out, leaving the pink hue. I have only had this problem with the heated water claw method, but never with OSR. I thought it was a fluke the first time but now it has happened several times and nothing I do prevents or corrects it. I have been lucky that the urine was so severe that the homeowner was pleased to have the urine stain and odor gone but I pulled it off my truck!

Thanks for the info.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Sticky said:
anyone try pet zone with hydrocide? i was wondering if it worked well on the stain and odor?
So far it is working quite well for many people around here. I've used it myself with great success.

tim

I honestly did too, less foaming and seemed to have less airborne odor while dwelling, only 6 ounce per gallon vs. 8 but the color loss is a problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom