pet urine odor and stain issues

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
CTI's OSR used to work well for stains and odor but it doesn't seem to be as effective as before. Did they change something? Anyone else had similar issues?

I tried a recipe I found on here; 8 oz. OSR, 8oz. odorcide 210 and 4oz. deodorizer to a gallon of water. I used Hydracide because ILS was sold out of Odorcide but said it worked just as good? and Spice Air but, found that to be ineffective. I've tried Bio-modifier for odor but that didn't do anything.

Chem manufactures make some great claims but I'm finding alot of expensive snake oil being sold. Is there anything that works or do I really need to lower my expectations to around 5% odor and stain removal success rate? Also need to find something to remove the urine stain from synthetic and wool carpets too.

Open to suggestions, thanks guys

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cobbs....Odor attack powder works way better the OSR........

way more active..smells better.....works better.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If used right ..99% of the time cobbs stuff will remove the stain......

urine stain remover

stain magic

ammonia and a little 30 volume

all can be used to remove and stains that are left over.......just be careful what you put any of the above on...stay away from things like wools...

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Oh yeah, I know not to put those things on wool carpets. I've been hesitant to stray from the ready-made products from suppliers. But I feel ready to venture out and try some of the things all you guys talk about.

As far as the ammonia/peroxide combo.. just plain old ammonia I get at the supermarket? What combination or ratio of Ammonia to 30 volume peroxide? 50/50, 80/20?

Thanks Jim. Hope you had a good holiday!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
As far as the ammonia/peroxide combo.. just plain old ammonia I get at the supermarket? What combination or ratio of Ammonia to 30 volume peroxide[quote:3pj4yz1s]
[/quote:3pj4yz1s]

yes just plain old ammonia you get at the supermarket and put a little of each in different spray bottles and just mist the area with each one......

G

William,most guys on here will tell you osr or an oxidizer,but let me tell you those products came as a quicker way to try and deal with urine. It works ok for mild contamination but if you have med to heavy you need to pull some pad ,clean with an acid (urine pretreat),seal the backside,bio modifier on the fibers,dwell,then a final clean and deodorize.Sorry,there really isnt a magic potion out there for this.

Kevin

tim

I will promise you, OSR or Odor Attack (used both, dont see any difference) use HOT. Heat the water well above 180 degrees, add the hydracide/odorcide at 4 oz to a gallon and soak!! You have to find all the urine by using blacklights and moisture probes then dont skimp on the product. It never has let me down IF you use HOT water and PLENTY of product. Then use a water claw and thoroughly extract. I then clean and spritz with DD12. Collect the check!. Have only had to pull pad 3 times in the last 3 years but sometimes it makes the most sense.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
DAMN..pull the pad.... that's what I was afraid that's what it was going to come down to! I know the steps to take but I have never actually done it. I don't have the tools or practiced how to reinstall the carpet when finished. I don't have a black light or moisture meter either...sucks being me I guess :(

I've got Judson's O2 system, Quat and DD12 on its way, should be here tomorrow. Guess I've got to get my self into a repair and reinstall training class ASAP.

Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it!!!!!

tim

On urine stains, if OSR doesnt remove them, dry as much as possible and use the Stain Magic or Peroxide with ammonia. If that doesnt remove them, it is fiber damage. We do alot of pet damage and this method has been great!

steampro

Name
Ryan
I used to use OSR and now use Odor Attack . It works way better in my opinion and it doesnt foam like crazy like OSR.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tim said:
On urine stains, if OSR doesnt remove them, dry as much as possible and use the Stain Magic or Peroxide with ammonia. If that doesnt remove them, it is fiber damage. We do alot of pet damage and this method has been great!

For the pet stain I use pet urine pretreat from.... pros choice?...usually gets it. If not, I spray on Stain Zone from Bridepoint...which is just stain magic in one step instead of two..you just spray it right out of the bottle...easy. I don't believe I have ever had a problem with staining using these two.

G

Brian, do you mean urine stain remover? if so its really just a 20 vol peroxide(6%)which works most of the time but if you want stronger go to Sally"s in Roseville Square and get some 40 vol.

Kevin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll have to look again, but I am pretty sure it is "urine pretreatment". Yellow bottle...pros choice I think.
I gotta get out here, but I will check later.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
WJ;

Our customers who guarantee "pet odor removal" use the Odor Attack.

It has an oxidizer like the OSR product and in addition,
it has an actual enzyme that is compatible with the oxidizer.

The combination should work more effectively on any organic odor.

Larry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm also having trouble w/ urine stains.

Can urine stains be removed by just using an OP machine? I don't have a water claw nor an extractor. I did however had a TM but i do not want to go that route again as i was renting the equipment from a friend for $$.

Is it possible to remove yellow/orange stains from dogs/cats from carpet w/ an OP machine only?

I used Pee Rad by CCS and it worked on some stains but on others that were more tough yellow/light orange, the stain was still there. I followed by Hydrogen Peroxide, sprayed on it using a spraymaster bottle, didn't see any difference. Do you have to wait a while for the Peroxide to do it's thing or it should be an immediate result?

Last thing - what is 30 or 40 volume? I went to Sally's to get "30 vol hydrogen peroxide" and they didnt have it, so i went to my local CVS/Walgreens pharmacy and asked the pharmacist for "30 volume peroxide" and she gave me a blank stare, they told me you mean 32 oz? Is that what you guys mean by volume? No clue.

tim

sallys has it but it is called clear developer. peroxide/ammonia or stain magic do usually take time to work, usually a day or two. can use steam but run the risk of getting too light. Hot oxygen products will work well too, Dynachem's Odor Attack or Cti's OSR. The only time you need the claw is to reach odor in the pad. Cant reach them with just an op. you could replace the pad or get a good used porty. Sometimes the urine has damaged the fiber, cant do anything about that. If you have trouble getting peroxide, use USR and Protein Spotter. Mix them half and half, long shelf life, great on urine.

GRHeacock

Bac-Out works faster, and with less of a quantity than most other products for urine.

And it is safe to use on wool, silk, cotton, etc, which includes loose rugs of all kinds, even upholstery.

Believe me, there are lots of cases of dogs or cats that urinate on upholstery, walls, too.

Plus it is used on spills of coffee, wine, food or beverage spills of any kind.

Chocolate, pizza, blood, etc- you name it, Bac-Out gets it.

Vomit, diarrhea problems are digested in minutes, then easy to rinse out.

I will be doing demos at the convention in the Bi-O-Kleen products booth. Drop by and see how effective Bac-Out is, and take home samples.

Gary

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Id like to go to the convention but im in the east coast and the flight plus hotels for the week in vegas is gonna be over my budget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom