Peterson Vortex removal

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
first place to check the fuse box behind the cab on the drivers side.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
There is a relay that sometimes sticks when parked for a long while. It will shut down and make you think you've got a dead battery. Turn on the headlights, the ignition, and then pull off the ground cable from the battery and tap the connection to make the relay click. Sometimes that's enough to make it go.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
jimn said:
SRI Cleaning said:
How much for the blower? What size is it?

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2364.jpg

Not sure yet. I will let you know when we get it out, clean it up and inspect it.

those brackets holding that blower up are the first and only ones I have ever seen a petersen vortex have that were not all busted up and bent all to hell. that blower hung off the back of the truck and damn near would get yanked off when going up a steep driveway. maybe that is a good sign, anyways a part out is probably the best thing for those, I know of at least 2 large slide ins that where built from petersen vortexs, hook up a big nissan forklift engine to one, a kero burner and you have a beast, I suppose one could be put back in a new box truck and you could have a vortex for 10s of thousands less and still maintain the bad boy image.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
steve g said:
jimn said:
[quote="SRI Cleaning":2qbtdpi8]How much for the blower? What size is it?

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2364.jpg

Not sure yet. I will let you know when we get it out, clean it up and inspect it.

those brackets holding that blower up are the first and only ones I have ever seen a petersen vortex have that were not all busted up and bent all to hell. that blower hung off the back of the truck and damn near would get yanked off when going up a steep driveway. maybe that is a good sign, anyways a part out is probably the best thing for those, I know of at least 2 large slide ins that where built from petersen vortexs, hook up a big nissan forklift engine to one, a kero burner and you have a beast, I suppose one could be put back in a new box truck and you could have a vortex for 10s of thousands less and still maintain the bad boy image.[/quote:2qbtdpi8]
Hit some pot holes hear in Mich. I think you would be missing a blower, or at least shifted a bit.5009????

jimn

Here are some more photos for the blower. It has the hyd pump attached and was working fine prior to removing it. Once again, One of the hyd hoses blew off of the blower pump the day he dropped it off.

DSCN2411-1.jpg

DSCN2517.jpg

DSCN2514.jpg

I cannot read the blower model or serial number but the inlet size is 5" if that tells you anything. Is is definately larger than a 59, could be a 711 at least that is what I think it is without doing any research on it.

I would let this go for $670.00 including the hyd pump attached to it and the silencer with the mounting brackets. Anyone ever thought of adding an additional silencer to this unit? There appears to be plenty of room if noise is a concern. We did wash the blower and with a new coat of paint, it would look like new. The mounting brackets were not damaged either meanig they did not appear to be "bumped" up.

Anyone interested, let me know..

I do have the hyd cooling system and other misc parts as well that are in good shape.

The service area floor is a mess from the fluid BUT it is an easy fix with a Genesis and a Hyper Turbo.

jimn

Re: Peterson Vortex removal Before during and after

DSCN2501-1.jpg

DSCN2502-1.jpg

Unit is out..

Here are the plans for it. It will be done by the end of next week.. I will make sure to post photos of it completed.

petersonvortexwithgenesisdxt.jpg

DXT
300' electric reel
Dueal HP solution reels
Air mover shelf
279 gallons fresh water
Used old Vortex waste tank
Chem shelf
And alot of room for other stuff

jimn

meAt said:
I DGAS about any of the parts

but send the venison jerky and sausage to me
I'll a some at MF

.L.T.A.

Are you driving to the fest? If so, I can send you the 2 boxes of chems if you dont mind and a nice big venison sausage to share. Keep in mind, my butcher adds pork, halapeno peppers and cheddar cheese. It is not that hot but from what I have heard and know it is the best sausage you can get. The jerky is all gone, my kids tore it up.

Let me know and if this works for you, Please e-mail me your address privately and I can ship the stuff to you. napej@powercleanind.com

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jimn said:
meAt said:

I'll a some at MF

.L.T.A.

Are you driving to the fest? If so, I can send you the 2 boxes of chems if you dont mind and a nice big venison sausage to share. Keep in mind, my butcher adds pork, halapeno peppers and cheddar cheese. It is not that hot but from what I have heard and know it is the best sausage you can get. The jerky is all gone, my kids tore it up.

Let me know and if this works for you, Please e-mail me your address privately and I can ship the stuff to you. napej@powercleanind.com

yep, I'm driving.

cool beans e-mail on the way in a sec, Jim

..L.T.A.

jimn

meAt said:
jimn said:
meAt said:

I'll a some at MF

.L.T.A.

yep, I'm driving.

cool beans e-mail on the way in a sec, Jim

..L.T.A.

Larry, I have your e-mail, I will send the 2 cases, some sausages and a few other goodies. When are you leaving?

Name
George Valliant
Mikey!

Like I sed before.

Twin lawnmowers in a big truck is a good idea only if you wanna punish yourself.

Maybe you can get Jim to render you a couple drawings?

I could use a good laff!

(Sorry buddy.... couldn't resist) :-)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jimn said:
Larry, I have your e-mail, I will send the 2 cases, some sausages and a few other goodies. When are you leaving?

got ypu e-mail Jim

leaving Friday early AM
if the juice goes out in the morning, it should be here Thursday
if not...we're screwed ...well..the MF rafflers will be

I'll tell 'em how great the juice was though..... :p

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom