Phoenix 200ht, 175, and Dri eaz 1200s , Help

webs1970

Name
Jason R Webster
I have a couple Phoenix 200hts, 4 175's and 2 Drieaz 1200s which are in need of some TLC, probably some Freon and possibly in need of other new parts.

Ive done minor repairs in the past w the help of Jon Don sometimes walking me through the troubleshooting to sell me the repair part needed, which is awesome and some repairs are easily figured out myself.

Im assuming that getting Freon levels right would be a great first step in getting my equipment back on track? I could be wrong though? Im also clueless about r 22 and know it is expensive.
Can anyone point me to a video or something more than the manual that I can use as a guide to repair the dehus?
Should I pay a hvac guy to charge em?
I realize the 1200's will need a port installed to make charging possible.

Thanks a bunch in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated as money is tight and I need to get these things working optimally if possible.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a couple Phoenix 200hts, 4 175's and 2 Drieaz 1200s which are in need of some TLC, probably some Freon and possibly in need of other new parts.

Ive done minor repairs in the past w the help of Jon Don sometimes walking me through the troubleshooting to sell me the repair part needed, which is awesome and some repairs are easily figured out myself.

Im assuming that getting Freon levels right would be a great first step in getting my equipment back on track? I could be wrong though? Im also clueless about r 22 and know it is expensive.
Can anyone point me to a video or something more than the manual that I can use as a guide to repair the dehus?

Thanks a bunch in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated as money is tight and I need to get these things working optimally if possible.
I'd check with HVAC guy or appliance repair and see if they will take a look at them for you.

Edward Arnold

Name
Edward Arnold

If the 1200 has to have a port added it probably has 410a freon in it. Not as expensive as ar22. Look at the data plate on the side or back of the unit. It will tell you what refrigerate is in it. But if you don't have the equipment and license to buy the freon, you will be better off taking it to someone else.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have a local ice machine company that sells ice and leases out ice machines to gas stations. I’ll see if they have the equipment and knowledge to recharge these units. Might be a good place for you to find in your area as well.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I went through this many years ago. Best I can remember there is something with the evacuation on these that very few people can do. I'm thinking something with the strength of vacuum, removing all o2 or something. That if a regular hvac tech was to handle it - it wouldn't be anywhere near specs when complete.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom