phone scripts

BarryP

We (my wife and I) have owned our carpet business for 6 years now and continually adjust and tweak our phone scripts. the average customer always struggles with hearing prices. We are on the higher end of price for our community but strive for a more than average job with all the education we bring to the table. I know several of our industry leaders are happy to sell a whole slew of scripts for a fee, but feel we just need some outside advice.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've never worked off a sheet in my life. I talk, ask questions and make a mini presentation on the phone. As for pricing, I ask for an estimate of the area and deliver an estimate of the cost. If it's 1500 sf gross and fully carpeted, excluding kitchen, bath laundry its around 75% of the gross area. If I still feel reluctance I offer to do an in home. I've always asked questions- Do you have pets? Are there any areas of special concern? How old is the carpet?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I'm struggling with this myself right now. My mom just moved to my town and plans to basically retire but she want's to help with the business by answering phones and possibly cold calling some commercial businesses. I've been hesitant to hand over the phone though because of the whole phone script thing. Because I am a little higher than most here if she just answers the how much question without giving info as to why I'm higher, I may never book another job again. I've even been considering going back to room pricing and lowering my prices more in line with everyone else in town so I can bump my volume up a bit and hire a helper (my brother who helped me for about a month and got me spoiled.)

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
pm Steve Toburen from JonDon. He is usually willing to help with scripts. SFS is a class you need to go to. Well worth the money plus you get systems such as phone scripts. Or email him at Steve Toburen [stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com] Tell him that Doug D. sent you to him!! :lol:

M

Mr Carpet

Take price off the table move or less.

Talk cleaning value instead of price.

Client talk price because they don't know the other ways to judge a carpet cleaning experience.

Also, find ways to bring in warm clients and they will more concerned about if you can fit them into your schedule that price.

Dave Yoakum

BarryP

We understand that our cleaning services are not for everyone, and by being higher in price hasn't seem to hurt our business any time we have increased our prices. I think to be more specific RE: phone scripts is more words or comments to avoid or words to use that help make the client not as concerned with the price as them knowing they have made the best choice. That they have hired a knowledgable cleaner not a carpet monkey.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"Ok, I can help you with that. Mind if I ask you a few questions first?" SFS

"Just about every situation is unique so can I ask you a few questions?"

Any job that is a 2000sqft house I will offer to do a pre-inspection.

Anything under that I can give a pretty good ballpark figure, letting the custy know that "IT IS A BALLPARK ESTIMATE AND I WILL BE TELLING THE TECHNICIAN THAT IT IS A BALLPARK ESTIMATE AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE PRICE IN WRITING BEFORE HE STARTS."

If you don't let the custy know that you are talking to the tech then they will try to hold them to the low end price...yes even if you are the tech answering the phone and doing the job.

If they do want a ballpark then I always ask

Pet problem?
Furniture?
Moving it or going around it?
condition of carpet?
other concerns?
Why are they cleaning?

There are other questions that come up and the custy will usually give up info with having to ask.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As far as the price given I will usually try to get the square footage of the whole house...or go on Zillow.com
Do 10 cents for whole square footage ad stairs and 10%. of total.

So a 2000 sqft 2 story house would be

$200.00 +
$45.00 (stairs)+
$25.00 (10%)

So $270.00 would be the Low estimate with out Pet stuff and other.

High end with no problems would be
"Around $350.00 but if there is more sqft than I am guessing...it could be more."

"We'll measure it out and give you the price in writing before we start and if you are comfortable with the total then we will start cleaning right away."

This will almost always land the job...almost means Price Shoppers.

It helps to have an awesome personality and truely care about what you do for a living.

J

Jen Hayden-Rayner

Take price off the table move or less.

Talk cleaning value instead of price.

Dave,

I do not know anything about making calls. I am not a marketer and have a few questions.
How do you keep them on the phone? Do you wait for them to call you or are you cold calling? If you are cold calling, how do you introduce yourself?

Thank You,
Jody

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Like Doug said, just e-mail me at stoburen@StrategiesForSuccess.com and I'll send you a great phone script that is very flexible and books (almost) every single caller. (Put the words "phone script" in the subject line.) Include your mailing address if you want the free 30 minute companion DVD. No charge, no spam, no snake-oil, no pressure and no junk mail.

AND remember, at Jon-Don we cover every single thing we put our name on with our 100% "no weaseling out", your money cheerfully refunded in full if you are not delighted guarantee.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I would respectfully remind everyone that even in these difficult times (and assuming you have positioned yourself correctly in your marketing) that the vast majority of people who call and ask "how much" are doing so simply because they don't know what else to ask!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom