Phones been ringing all night and morning

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Should have just stayed up.

Had a rash of storms go through. Our house didn't get hit much...

Phone was ringing though... THROUGH THE NIGHT! :dejection:

Last night... Carpet cleaners from... Well heck... All day and even through the night (some from other countries)

And then people with flooded basements.

Sorry.... We don't do water and smoke anymore....

Passed the jobs on to Chavez.... Then remembered... He's a janitor now :biggrin: :stir:

But seriously got to update a second directing Saiger's link. Info is saying we are doing restoration yet.... NOPE! NOT DOING IT!

Too dang busy the way it is!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Good problem to have.

Yesterday I go so frustrated I had to call home and tell my wife to unforward the office phone. My phone was ringing every 5 minutes with people asking, "Can you come out and clean a recliner", or " I need my living room area rug cleaned". I did book 5 real jobs, but it got to the point where it was 104° and I just wanted to get done and go home. It's probably going to be like that again today. I just need to put my patience cap on.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve. I hate it when I'm trying to fill out the CRM page and when I ask the customer their address, and then they immediately start rambling on directions on how to get their to their house! "Go down Vista Rd for 1/4 mile, then turn left where the old oak tree used to be......" In the meantime, I got the TM running and the prespray drying. I had this happen yesterday. I couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Phones ringing here for work too

And if I don't get paid soon for work invoiced in the last three four weeks, phone will be ringing more

Only from bill collectors....

It ain't easy being cheesey

LTA

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Lets see....
New HVLP painting gun and spraying equipment
Paint and materials
Lift rental
Wages

Holy JeeBUs. .. Larr...there ain't nuthin left!

WAAAAAAAAAAS THERE?

Last edited:

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Good problem to have.

Yesterday I go so frustrated I had to call home and tell my wife to unforward the office phone. My phone was ringing every 5 minutes with people asking, "Can you come out and clean a recliner", or " I need my living room area rug cleaned". I did book 5 real jobs, but it got to the point where it was 104° and I just wanted to get done and go home. It's probably going to be like that again today. I just need to put my patience cap on.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve. I hate it when I'm trying to fill out the CRM page and when I ask the customer their address, and then they immediately start rambling on directions on how to get their to their house! "Go down Vista Rd for 1/4 mile, then turn left where the old oak tree used to be......" In the meantime, I got the TM running and the prespray drying. I had this happen yesterday. I couldn't get a word in edgewise.

It is Winter in Melbourne with record cold days and it is freezing for us.

I will suck some of your heat away if I can.

Hah

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what was yor net

not really "net"
but quick calc numbers ;
expenses (including my labor hours paid too) were $3200 sump'um
bill was $45 and change

I didn't count the new HVLP set up
I have a couple pro Graco airless sprayers I could of used
sign job gave me a good excuse for a new cool tool :cool:

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
not really "net"
but quick calc numbers ;
expenses (including my labor hours paid too) were $3200 sump'um
bill was $45 and change

I didn't count the new HVLP set up
I have a couple pro Graco airless sprayers I could of used
sign job gave me a good excuse for a new cool tool :cool:

..L.T.A.

Ya....an you cashed the check at Louie the check casher......and

Stiffed ME!!!!!

Name
Scott Turknett
Call Lupe at Paperclip today! She is right there in Commifornia
(888) 959-3975

Good problem to have.

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ya....an you cashed the check at Louie the check casher......and
Stiffed ME!!!!!

what in the wide wide world of sports are you talking about

you bump your hED?

You wanted me to put a $15K Emron paint job on a 70 year old cast iron sign 40 ft in the air :dejection::eekk:

..L.T.A.

Name
Scott Turknett
Yes, I have tried three other options over the last 2-1/2 years and this is definitely the best fit for me.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hmm, yeah that is a consideration for us, too, coming up soon. What about hiring a retiree to do it--part time work, from her/his home, OMG, great retiree job?

Last edited:
Name
Scott Turknett
Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to give specific comparison.

I tried a retired receptionist from a local carpet cleaning company first. Paid $350/wk plus bonuses to carry my cell phone. Half the calls went to voicemail.

Then I used Securus contact systems just to be a live voicemail if I didn’t get the call. They were good at that, but when I stepped to their full booking service they couldn’t book a single job in over 100 calls. Then I found out they were double billing me so I fired them with prejudice.

Then I used Superagents. I loved them. They are super nice, but the first month follow up calls weren’t done for some reason, the calls weren’t answered as fast as I wanted (generally 20+ sec on hold), too many went to voicemail, the final straw was when a new client had me clean her house and loved it, a couple days later she called the office line three times through the course of a day trying to book three of her rentals and nobody answered or called back on the first two voicemails, on the third try she picked the option to be forwarded to me instead of voicemail and luckily I got to book th $2k in work. The issue turned out to be understaffing (two people were out sick and another on vacation or something). After the fact I found out that all the automated emails that they were supposed to have set up as the “employee timeshare” sales pitch promised got a couple minutes of effort put in, and then nothing more. Once again I paid for way more than I got.

Now I am using Paperclip’s booking service and it is golden so far. They are booking the way I want, not their “cookie cutter” way. They communicate well with me, call me with the customer on hold if they are unsure of something. They actually offer stain guard on every job! And they are super nice too.

Hmm, yeah that is a consideration for us, too, coming up soon. What about hiring a retiree to do it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom