Phones solicitors getting aggressive.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What qualifies someone to be an educated/experienced expert in this industry anyway?
Number of trucks, years of experience or iicrc patches?

Just curious.

That struck me aswell.

Seeing as how I have seen it used twice in the past few days around here.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What qualifies someone to be an educated/experienced expert in this industry anyway?
Its damn easy to be an expert. You just have to say you are, until everyone believes you are.

For a while I was beginning to believe it had something to do with pointing at the camera. So I tried it for a while but everyone that I pointed off, flipped me off for pointing at them. :errf:

:p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its alright Brian I don't consider you one either! :eekk:

J/K :lol:
Sorry I owe you one of those funny named beers!

You don't give yourself enough credit. Not only as a cleaner but as a manager, you and the Great Oz are our resident experts on larger operations.

Reactions: GCCLee

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Btw, most of the time if you hit 9 on the keypad, there computer is supposed to automatically delete you from their call list, and it also hangs up for you... Sometimes it doesn't work

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Its alright Brian I don't consider you one either! :eekk:

J/K :lol:
Sorry I owe you one of those funny named beers!

You don't give yourself enough credit. Not only as a cleaner but as a manager, you and the Great Oz are our resident experts on larger operations.

Wow, that is very nice of you Richard, thank you!!!

Not the stuff you said about me, the fact that you owe me a beer!! :clap:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't like those calls either...but- I have that annoying ability to get in an instant debate with anyone by answering their questions with a question.

Remember, you can question anything and everything! Absolutely, even if you know your debate partner is saying the truth...

Try it- its great to sell them on YOUR services as they called to sell to you. I am sure it drives them nuts but I try to be nice and consistent in turning the call around until I have a chance to close it with the "if you don't need or want MY conpany's services, you HAVE to remove our numbers from your lists"

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I had some little turd wanting me to advertise in a local directory recently and I told him I don't advertise because most of the year I am booked two weeks out and would be wasting my money. Well the little turd says "So if I want my carpet cleaned you can't get to me for two weeks"? Yes little turd, two weeks. Then he says, "I just like to be sure I'm getting the truth." Little turd was basically calling me a liar. Should have gave him a knuckle sandwich.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its damn easy to be an expert. You just have to say you are, until everyone believes you are.

For a while I was beginning to believe it had something to do with pointing at the camera. So I tried it for a while but everyone that I pointed off, flipped me off for pointing at them. :errf:

:p

Yeah i think you and brian have been doing this so long the odometer has flipped :p :icon_razz:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
stella_zps25031f18.jpg
This is it, isn't it?

the fact that you owe me a beer!! :clap:
Would you still be as impressed if I told you that you bought me a beer at MF10 and I'd only be paying you back? I mean.....if its going to affect your impression of me...umm maybe it didn't happen. :redface:

:biggrin:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Not you or me that's for sure.

QUOTE=Shane Deubell;4288493]What qualifies someone to be an educated/experienced expert in this industry anyway?

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As long as I am drinking beer with friends, it doesn't really matter who is buying!
biggrin.gif
Good times for sure! :icon_cool:

Come to think of it I owe Dirk too!

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Just curious.

Maybe Success rate?

Success Rate of what though?

I'll give my newbie experience first of The people who Don't seem to like me now : )

The only people I have upset since the inception of business

And it wasn't with hateful speech eiither,
Well we had the OP block party but that was deserved.

I am talking In the line of Work.

Is all the other Cleaners in town by providing Quality work Fast with the correct tools
The Thanks goes Here!

Some say Dog Poo

Some Say Dog Crap

Some may say Feces

And

Some jus come out n say DawgShit

You never stop learning!
The Experts are dead. Up to us to carry on
In tradition as well as improvements to the whole gig.

Sorta, Maybe ?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Buck1955

Name
John
I get dozens every day. The worst part for me is I have a national toll free number so I pay even for sales calls. The most aggressive I get is the FOP. Made a personal visit to their office once to pick up a FOP sticker, it was a bar... I was supporting their bar! I've even had a few say F*** You! and hang up.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not you or me that's for sure.

QUOTE=Shane Deubell;4288493]What qualifies someone to be an educated/experienced expert in this industry anyway?

Just curious.
[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea for you guys to start an "ask the expert" section.

I know all the players but i can see how someone who comes here for the first time can't distinguish between a contractor with 30 years experience and 3 months.
Plus education, training, etc.

Its a good point actually.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Had a caller the other day want to talk to me about my "critical processing" I asked the lady on the phone what that was and she said "credit card processing" I told her I was set in that department and hung up. She called me right back and yelled "what kind of an idiot does not know what critical processing is" She hung up. I had to laugh.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If the phone # is getting fwded to a cell, as soon as they come out w/ the soliciting bs lines I hang up, than I quickly save it as "DNA aka Do Not Answer", when they call back it says DNA...simple.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom