Photo on RugChick website is an EXACT match....please advice

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Re: Photo on RugChick website is an EXACT match....please ad

I see those all the time. They are lying to you about the value and that would be a reason to walk. Those are a pice of cake to clean

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez

PS There is a wonderful expression in Spanish that I use more and more in life: "No vale la pena". Literally: "Not worth the pain". And so it is here ...
The literal translation is: "Not worth the grief".
Luis

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi

I just cleaned that exact rug and wound up washing it just as we would any other rug. Instead of a cimex we used a brush and cleaned it by hand. I rinsed it with DI water and used the water claw. It had HEAVY cat urine.

The only problem we ran into with the rug was the leather curling but if you dry the rug flat and get weight on the exterior of the rug it goes back to normal.

harryhides

Name
Tony

Doc Holliday said:
I Well, guess I do piss in the yard a lot and in spite of last years appraisal there is still some value to it............... for taxes! :x

Marking your territory ? You animal - time to evolve to Neanderthal.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

you must've been really rough with the leather because that is tough to do to that with the fabric backing and the way it is cross stitched in

rhyde

Name
rhyde

George III said:
I'll let you all in on a secret. I already cleaned these rugs (both sides) a couple weeks ago on site using CTI's Step 1 and their Brush n Bonnet w/ StainGardian, then clear rinse with softwater, slot glide, 500psi and 10 flow greenhorn wand. Then, final grooming with area rug grooming brush.
She commented how good this rug turned out and pointed out overall appearance from several different angles. believe me when i say she has a very good eye as she restores artwork for a living.
Her only complaint is that the rug still smell like pee and the fibers are stiff in one area where the worst urin contamination is.
You should have just shampooed the rug first time around! The custy would have said how great it looks and it still stinks but you would have saved a shit load of time.

Ken Snow said:
It is wool, with at best silk highlights. Not from Turkey, but appears to be Iran (Persia) or a knock off.
Yeah. My first though is Indian but the ends have been worked on. There are some new Persian stuff sold as “new Sarouks” that look similar but they are a little coarser and the colors don't look right.

Mikey P said:
And you think that rug looks exactly like the one in Lisa' photo?
Which is why I won’t play guessing games with rugs anymore want info post pics!

Doc Holliday said:
It's can't be that valuable to them, they let the dog piss on it.
Yes it can,..i don’t think this is one but there are people that spend more on their pets in a year than you and I make .

- If this is Indian as i believe it shouldn't be too hard to wash. The black as with many rugs can let go with urine and in % of these indo rugs a grey to black weft that doesn’t bleed in cleaning but wicks color during drying less likely since you have worked this rug over a little before. Also this looks like a better quality than standard contract grade

-It needs to be washed but work it over first front and back with a good beater bar vacuum get as much loose soil out first.
-Then Soak it out for an hour + and then flush water through it you’ll need a rug squeegee.
-I prefer to wash on a slab Vs. a pool because I don’t like soaking a rug in its own effluence.

S

sam miller

Doc Holliday said:
It's can't be that valuable to them, they let the dog piss on it. :p

Thats what I was thinking what an expensive doggie toilet imagine a nice butt scootch. NOOOOOOO! blowme

I can't think of anything I piss on that is that valuable to me. Well, guess I do piss in the yard a lot and in spite of last years appraisal there is still some value to it............... for taxes! :x

Got drain somewhere I guess. Ivebeensold

Ron K

"Her only Complaint was it was still stiff and smelled like Piss???

So it is an exact match she got back exactly what she sent to you.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

XTREME1 said:
I see those all the time. They are lying to you about the value and that would be a reason to walk. Those are a pice of cake to clean

I didn't see him say a price they claimed. The rug in the picture is probably a "retail value" of $60 a sq ft with a typical selling price in the midwest of $35- $40 a sq ft, but not sure without knowing exactly what it is. Not a particularly expensive rug, but not cheap either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom