Photos of MIKEY'S AND WARREN WALLACE'S LUNCHPAIL.

Steve Smith

Kevin McCreary said:
Is 3600 a little high for a 30 Kohler? Or is that pretty normal? What is the max?
3600-3700 is max.
Most manufacturers set high in the 3000-3100 range.
I would think that Mikeys lunchpail is going to be deafening loud spinning that blower 3600.
Especially without the proper sized silencer for that blower.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The NOiSe from the LunChPaiL will be nothing...............

Compared to the SouND of the ROD kNoCKinG...in that "97 SoW" when he puts a LoAd on her !

Bob Foster

Steve Smith said:
[quote="Kevin McCreary":12g9o96j]Is 3600 a little high for a 30 Kohler? Or is that pretty normal? What is the max?
3600-3700 is max.
Most manufacturers set high in the 3000-3100 range.
I would think that Mikeys lunchpail is going to be deafening loud spinning that blower 3600.
Especially without the proper sized silencer for that blower.[/quote:12g9o96j]

How would you know? Have you heard it?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so why doesnt Les set the pulley size different, so that the engine can run a little slower, yet get the most bang outa the blower??

isnt that one of the reasons/advantages to going belt drive???

Name
Kevin McCreary
98% of full throttle is not pushing it that hard?
It seems like if its a belt drive it would it would
run around 3200-3300 rpms and have a pulley
to overdrive the blower about 20% and get
another 80-100 cfms out of it. It wont hurt
the blower, those things will run for 20,00 hours
if you change the oil on them.

Bob Foster

cv750_torque.jpg

cv750_power.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Bob Foster said:
That's why Judson stuff lasts so long. It's deliberately not pushed hard.

ok Bob so you kinda answered the question the way i wanted it answered..

Most torque at lower RPM yet most HP at higher RPM..

We all know the faster we go the harder the car is pushed, with the little rods just a movin, and constantly driving it at 90 will wear it out faster then driving 70..

So in my comment about lower throttle and more bang for the buck...I wasnt talking about dropping it to 1500 RPM and adjusting to spin at 4400. Why not 3000-3200 (which is where all my buffers run and TM) and make the blower spin 3600-4000???

If its belt run use the best of all worlds.

better HP-Torque transfer
allow for less strain on motor yet run blower in decent range
easy switch out of belt vs coupler

etc
etc..

G

why don't all you damn fools spend your own money and make your wish machine I just love it when a bunch of nothing in, their pockets want some one else to spend money on something that don't need fixin , so i take it if Les makes these changes y'all going to stand in line with cash in hand.

It don't need anything I got one and it does what it does clean carpet

The silencers are $800 more to quiet it down by only 5 decibels less than a muffler silencer system. The extra size, weight and price of the silencer do not justify its use. Also the Garner Denver 408 tri-lobe blower is a quieter blower and it costs more than other blowers that could have been used. The extra money that could have been spent on silencers went into a blower that is quieter and more heavy built .

The Kohler engine loves to run at 3600 rpm and it will not wear out faster for many reasons. The higher rpm allows the engine to run cooler affording it a longer engine life.

Fuel consumption is regulated through the governor so the load on the engine will determine its fuel consumption. The load on this engine is minimal.

Greenie

I realize I'm late to the party, but I would like to add, that overdriving a blower will add to belt stress, I'm much more confortable with the 1:1 ratio Les, Dick, and Judd have set up on the TNT500.

And to bring this to a realistic level, Mikey will likely Not run it at capacity, as anything over 400cfm is pie in the sky if you think you are getting that airflow through a glided wand.

It'll run fine at 2700rpms, 3000 rpms, 3300 rpms, 3600 rpms...and that is what we want, it's a beautiful engine blower match up.

All I need is 225 cfm per wand at 15"hg and it'll make you some serious money with that #4 heater, this new super Simple, super Reliable workhorse is going to sell very well, I'm very happy to be showing it, I will go one step further and say there isn't a unit on the market in it's price point that can touch it..and that is a good place to be.

G

I don't know why any of you dumb asses would buy another machine you got les and the jones family backing every machine. what few problems I have had I have never taken my machine to les to fix I have done all repairs myself.
Les even told me what auto shop to get a part from to get me going.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Now Gordan....

It is not nice to call carpet cleaners....dUm-AsSes....."It hurts their FEELINGS"

They are very sEnSiTiVe :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Gordon said:
I don't know why any of you dumb asses would buy another machine you got les and the jones family backing every machine. what few problems I have had I have never taken my machine to les to fix I have done all repairs myself.
Les even told me what auto shop to get a part from to get me going.

because mine was an entry machine...and has had numerous make overs/tweaks

I know what i want, but gotta wait for funding to be practical. Most of my money earlier in my business days went to hard floorcare machines...buffers autoscubbers, etc

but now the biz model has switched, and i do a ton more carpet then i use to..

soooo thats why

double dumb ass

G

you should change your business name from payless to paymemore would be a good start

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
obviously not enough... :roll: :roll: :roll:

cuz if it was, then shouldnt i get a bunch of lowballer calls??

granted in smaller print like on my discription it looks hard to read...unless you look at it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom