Photo's of my new (OLD) TM

001.jpg

I still need to finish the install, and clean it up nice. When it's all nice and pretty and ready to go, I'll call it "kidney bean" but right now I'm calling it "kidney stone".

I notice a potential issue (photo bellow) the muffler is only about a 1/4 inch from the floor, and I have sitting on ply wood painted with truck bed liner. I wondering if this could be a fire hazard? I suppose the muffler will get vary hot. I think I might just take the ply wood out and sit the machine on the bare metal van floor. Any suggestions?
004.jpg

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The old Hydracat silencers never get hot enough to ignite wood but I do not know about the coating on the wood. It may soften or melt.
I would go to a sheet metal shop and get a piece of galvanized sheet metal and put it under the machine.

K

Kabluey

Is that a Hydracat, it is kinda similar, but I thought HM used propane for their older models.

T

The Magician

Thats a hydacat with updated kollar motor. Silcencer does get hot enought to brother the floor. I like the idea of meatal under it. Owned mind sice 1977. What heat the water? Propane?

This is propane heat. Good to know about the silencer not getting to hot, I'll see if I can find something to put under it anyway just to be on the safe side.

cleann4kids

With a set up like that, you must be one
of those .85 a ft cleaners! keep all the profits
Theres nothing wrong with that! ;)

Jamesh921

Name
James
Purchase some galvanized roof flashing from your local lumber yard to go under that muffler/silencer. It's cheap and you can get it in various lengths and widths.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that's blower exhaust, not engine exhaust .
Not near hot enough to start a fire

engine exhaust is another matter

..l.T.A.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Oil drip pan would be great for that machine to sit on, just in case. Worked in one of my old van/tm. !gotcha!

Cool, looks like the same unit!, What part of the state are you in?

Odin,
Leave my van alone , she's sensitive :)
BTW, that's not my recoil in your picture. Mine was much pretty-er

Amazing

He is in Kennewick.
harrison st If I recall.

Heck with a van like that you can live under the blue or cable bridge and fit right in.

Bob Foster

I bet if you dig real far back under the passenger seat pedestal you'll find an old Earth Wind & Fire 8 track 8)

AmazingDB said:
He is in Kennewick.
harrison st If I recall.

Heck with a van like that you can live under the blue or cable bridge and fit right in.

Kinda creepy that you took the time to look up my street address. I don't know you do I? I'm starting to regret posting photo's of this TM. I was just exited about it (being my 1st) and wanted to share my joy. I know now that I should of bought a new van 1st.

Bob Foster

Andy, everyone is just giving you the gears. Congratulations on getting your first TM.

I would go through the thing really carefully and do a full maintenance on it immediately before I did much work. That way you will also understand it better and it could save you the embarrassment and frustration of a break down on the job.

I clean uniform, politeness and good workmanship will go a lot farther than what's in the driveway.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Hey Padden,
Don't let these guys get to you. They're just horsin' around. Enjoy your new TM. When I got my first one, I was just as exited as you shiteatinggrin

Seriously though, it's a heckuva lot funner, quicker and more profitable to push a wand connected to a TM. Now, go make some money. Good luck.

K

Kabluey

It originally had a Onan engine but Mcdowells replaced it with a B&S, you can see the metal lifters under the engine. Hows that machine run? Let me know if you need any advice with the machine.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah congrats, you'll love it over a porty any day! Those guy's that had something negitive to say should post pics of their vans, but they won't.... Bunch of pussies! shiteatinggrin :mrgreen:

Thanks James, and Bob.
I'll be doing all the maintenance stuff Saturday and still have to run my fuel line. Then hopefully it will be ready to roll. I'll post a pic when it's all done and cleaned up (and after I wax the van) somewhat amus

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom