Photo's of my new (OLD) TM

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Kabluey said:
11sideview.jpg

Is it just an optical illusion that the pump is crooked? It kinda looks like the belt is short or too tight and pulling down on the pump...

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Keep us updated Andy. 8)

Ps...Maybe Erik will send ya his demo Zipper that is going around to a few of the cleaners. :mrgreen:

Amazing

Should have got a Vortex.

Did you go to Kennewick high, or Park jr or Washington grade school, Livingston grade school ( in pasco )?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bet if you dig real far back under the passenger seat pedestal you'll find an old Earth Wind & Fire 8 track 8)
Bob that's awful............funny!

Andy don't let anyone bother you, it's guys being guys. It could be a brand new truck and brand new unit, it does stop anyone from joking, it just makes them look harder. LOL

Great move, you'll be amazed at how much faster and easier it is to clean the dirty ones now! Good luck! 8)

Don Becker,
I find it odd that you took the time to do the research to find out the city and street I live on. I find it odd, that you post the street I live on for all to see, (not that I'm hiding), just wondering why your so interested with were I live and what my back ground is? Maybe you grew up here and are trying to see if we know each other or know someone in common? That would be understandable, Just saying it would be nice to know where your coming from, what your intentions are before I give you my background info.. do you want to know where I was born, my mothers maiden name,etc. ???

Now don't read me wrong, I checked out your company on line, I like your web site, and you seem like a nice family man.wouldn't mind getting to know you better. Just wondering where your coming from with the interest in my background.

BTW Doc, I have to admit that was kinda funny :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Andy
Funnier for me because I'm old enough to have owned the Earth Wind & Fire 8-track tape, and I did. :oops:

It's all about steps, you use this machine for a couple of years and it makes you enough to up grade to another. (keep this one as a backup)

Eventually you buy a new one and realize, while shiny and new, they all just squirt and suck and you're no better off machine wise than when you bought the first HM (this unit). :mrgreen:

Amazing

Lived in the tri cities for years. Still have a lot of friends in the area.

Just welcoming you to the site.

AmazingDB said:
Lived in the tri cities for years. Still have a lot of friends in the area.

Just welcoming you to the site.

If you check my profile you'll see I've been a member here longer than you, :)

I grew up in Kennewick , and my family (the McFaddens) have been in the area since the 30's or 40's. Have lots of uncles, aunts, and cousins in the Tri cities, chances are we know someone in common. If you ever come here to visit your friends , let me know and I'll buy lunch. Or give me a call sometime just to talk we might find out we know each other? :) Have a good weekend!

Amazing

If you check my profile you'll see I've been a member here longer than you, :)

Profiles lie!

I've been a member here since the start.

ICS, Cleanfax, CCS etc since about 1995 give or take. And a few defunk boards along the way. Vortex board even.

Weekly AOL carpet cleaning chat room before that.

I guess instead of saying welcoming you, I should have said just giving you a hard time.

I make my way that way often in the fall and winter for Duck and Goose hunting.
Lots of good hunting and fishing around the tri cities!

N

neapolitan

I had a truckmount like that one and I was very happy with it. Just keep some couplers on the truck to change out in the middle of a job when it rips apart. My old truckmount was great on gas.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
neapolitan said:
I had a truckmount like that one and I was very happy with it. Just keep some couplers on the truck to change out in the middle of a job when it rips apart. My old truckmount was great on gas.

I kept having coupler problems, they would shred when the van got too hot inside. I put a vent in the roof and bought the orange (stronger, harder) coupler. Haven't shredded it for a month, keeping my fingers crossed.

K

Kabluey

rhino1 said:
neapolitan said:

I kept having coupler problems, they would shred when the van got too hot inside. I put a vent in the roof and bought the orange (stronger, harder) coupler. Haven't shredded it for a month, keeping my fingers crossed.

I had my coupler shred once. You gotta make sure the tightening screws are inside the coupler. I talked to HM about the issue and for $12 I had a metal stopper put in the bacl of my coupler facing the blower. Works great havent had issues since then.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Given the very visible misalignment of the pump pulleys I'm sure the engine to blower alignment is off too.

A short piece of angle iron about 6-12" long laid across the coupler halves at the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock positions will identify which axis is off.

After the couplers are perfectly aligned the cup spacing must be tight enough to allow just a bit (under 1/8") of float in the doughnut. It should then last for years. Flip the donut after a year or so if you care to maximize service life.

We've had them last 4 or more years when aligned right.

Thanks,
Lee

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Lee Stockwell said:
Given the very visible misalignment of the pump pulleys I'm sure the engine to blower alignment is off too.
Thanks,
Lee

Hard to tell from the fuzzy photo if the pump is out of alignment, but the pump alignment has nothing to do with the coupler alignment.
On those units the engine is aligned with the blower, then the pump is aligned with the pulley on the blower.

K

Kabluey

The pump is aligned with the blower. I took it into Jon Don to have the pump oil drain line replaced a couple of weeks ago.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes I know the pump is driven off the blower and has little direct connection to the coupler problem. It's just a matter of maintenance patterns..."if A is true, B may be true also".

We had several new machines that had that issue. We had to adjust motor height and yaw (tilt) to get it perfect. I also added a pulley to the motor shaft to drive the pump, so that we could take that 3-5hp load off the coupler.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Lee Stockwell said:
I also added a pulley to the motor shaft to drive the pump, so that we could take that 3-5hp load off the coupler.

When Hydramaster was using the Dodge PX70 couplers on earlier models they always drove the pump from the engine side. Don't know why they changed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom