Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danno and Billy Hicks Chat Room Advisers LLC

• Rob Toot Toot Lyons

• Total voters
Name
George Valliant
What did i miss? Joe "the hippie" Polish doesn't even get an honorable mention. I must have missed something. Since I've never heard of any of these guru's, with the exception of Howard, we must be banning The Hippie for some reason.

Walt

Frequently I have no idea what you are talking about. I must be dense.

M

Mark Imbesi

Today a "good day", Marty?

(ssssshhhhhhh.....the key must be in the ignition)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Heacock isn't a guru?

I pick Island Boy

It was a toss up between Yoakum err I am rendall and Island Boy

Name
George Valliant
explain again why Joe "the hippie" Polish isn't listed as a guru. "Two headed monster" and "boob job" don't register with me.

As I recall Joe is the original pioneer of rug cleaning guru's. If it wasn't for him none of these other copy cats would even exist.

I've been out of circulation for a while so please don't get me wrong. - As the original pioneer of carpet cleaning/marketing Joe deserves an honorable mention. Correct?

He may not always be right but he is the original.

My vote is for Joe Polish.

Name
George Valliant
Oh, i think i get it now. None of the people listed on the poll are actual guru's. The name "Howard" thru me off cause i was thinking Howard Partridge. Never mind me. I'm on my 16th cup of coffee...

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
yes g, he meant H.P.

correct me if i am wrong, but JP isnt THE pioneer.

my vote woulda been for Jim Wolverton. but i dont trust any1 other than myself to guide my little biz through anything.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
I think the 2 headed monster that is being referred to, is Lisa Wagner and Joe Polish. :lol: Correct me if I am wrong.

Name
George Valliant
If Joe ain't the original I sure would like to know who is. And, Zig Ziglar and the like don't count. We're talking about carpet cleaning marketing guru's.

Anybody?

DannyD

From an outsiders perspective Steve definately comes across the best & most professional. He seems to genuinely want to help people & not just sell them something. I also have a favorable opinion of Dave, but ya only get one vote.

ps: in tribute to Steve when I submitted the above it didn't post that I could see. Gonna hit it again here & hope it didn't post twice.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm with Gary Heacock as Grand Poobah and Scott Rendall gets second place. Steve T gets the bronze medal.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Doug D said:
I think the 2 headed monster that is being referred to, is Lisa Wagner and Joe Polish. :lol: Correct me if I am wrong.
BINGO! I heard a lot of whoosh! on that one.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Just don't let Joe hear that. I may be invited to go to a super conference on his dime so he can pull me up on stage to let me tell the other Polishites that!! :lol: :lol:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Congratulations!

Congratulations to my buddy Steve T.

It looks like you'll finish second to "Just Shoot Me."

Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
Heacock has nothing to sell other then skidders and grout brushes so therefor is not really a Guru in the true sense of the word.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm not a fan of "In your Face" marketing and most of the guys above find a need to do it on this board. Put up a link up and let people decide if they want to bother to visit your site. I like how Terry makes these guys aware when they are looking pathetic. Just my opinion.

On second thought, why don't they use the marketing room to sell their programs. Isn't that why its there.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
steve T has my vote as # 1, not only for guru, but as a truely concerned mentor with no secret agenda's.FYI

SFS graduate, but following Steve since 1992.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If Joe ain't the original I sure would like to know who is. And, Zig Ziglar and the like don't count. We're talking about carpet cleaning marketing guru's.

Anybody?
Guess it depends on if your marketing professional chooses to call himself a guru and hype himself as if he were the next Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

The more literate and self-effacing marketing pros will admit their source material originated in the 20's, with updating and new twists added by hundreds of others over the years. I have a three-inch Cleaner's Marketing Materials binder from the ASCR that was first published in the 60's and much current marketing material is remarkably similar. (Sort of like all the cleaning textbooks that look remarkably like the West and Williams text of the seventies.)

Real marketing pros don't need a lot of self-hyping yak and know they'll be more effective sitting in your office and going over your books than treating you to a revival meeting.

ADDED: Joe's style obviously works to bring in business, I usually ignore it, and if the style suits the guys want to spend their money that way that's their choice. I shouldn't really care, but I lost patience with Joe's latest round of in your face marketing. Please excuse me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2VwnBU1-iU

Cameron1

Do you guys ever feel like you are preaching to the choir...........cause your starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Since Yeadon confessed that he voted for me 12 times I feel honor bound to ask why Big Billy isn't listed in the poll.

Seriously, Bill has been around the business FOREVER and has helped thousands of people and is still doing so.

Signed,
The much younger and infinitely cuter Jon-Don Bobbsey Twin

PS Ultimately, the only person who will get you through these difficult economic times is YOU! As Chuck Violand always says, "the hardest door to make it through is your own." On the other hand, isn't it great that your future is in YOUR hands instead of some idiotic over-paid CEO?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom