PICS of Shop outside

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
The reality is that most carpet cleaners have a "sliding scale" when it comes to pricing. It slides up or down relative to their level of desperateness. If you are making money at $85 for 3 rooms then that's all that matters. IT CERTAINLY ISN'T BAIT AND SWITCH. Bait and Switch is advertising $88 for 7 rooms and a hall to get in the door, then holding the homeowner hostage for overpriced pre-spray. Nice shop. I know the feeling of your 1st "office". It somehow adds legitimacy to your endeavors. My first office was 1 room in a building that housed 2 banks, a home health care business, and various other professional businesses. No room for vans or equipment. It gave me somewhere to go. Some people can work from home. I'm not one of those people. There's too much distraction at home. Yard work, T.V., guitars,.....beer. :wink: We are on our 3rd shop and this one is 5,000 s.f. and way too small. We also rent a warehouse for packouts at another location. Looking for a new building now that can house everything.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
great congrats on the place. For all the haters I outclean them everyday at lower prices.
www.25dollarsaroom.com
If these idiots(as Ken calls them) didn't max out credit cards , loans etc 10g's a month would make them a high roller

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thanks Ken. There is money to be made at every level in our industry. I've tried them all. The hardest dollar to earn in our industry is in the high price market. Leading new cleaners to think they are hacks becuase they aren't charging .50 per s.f. and up is probably as damaging to newbies as exposing them to bait and switch tactics and having them believe THAT is the way to go. Sadly, many of the guys charging high prices probably aren't providing any more of a service or quality of cleaning than the 3 rooms for $85 guy. They just charge more....and that's o.k. too. I think the high priced cleaners that are providing average service are a little more fearful becuase they don't want Suzie Q. Homemaker to see that they can get the same service or better service for a more reasonable price.

Now, I don't want anyone to think that I'm not for charging more for your services, just make sure you are setting yourself apart if you do. I also don't want anyone to think that I believe companies that use bait and switch advertising are acceptable, becuase I don't. There is truly a bottom for pricing before you have to be deceptive in your advertising. One simply can't CLEAN 7 areas and a hall for $88. You can wet them down, but not clean them.

John Buxton

Is Joey Pickett still in business down there?

You got a good deal on the rent, but if you can ever buy especially with extra room to rent out do it if you can afford to. Most shops around here are .50 @ Sf a month and there is alot of empty space right now.

R

rotovacguy

joeynbgky said:
Thanks, like i said we dont always include those things for that price, but i probably only get1 or 2 of those calls a month. My usual charge is .40 a sq foot with all spot and stain removal incuded, deodorizer. and furniture moving. I'm out growing this space already. I went from a 700 sq foot $350 a month office space to this and I need more room. Air duct cleaning is kicking ass. But I hate it lol

Nice shop, Joey.

I'm quite the opposite of you, though. I'll take a full day of duct cleaning vs sucking rugs any day! :mrgreen:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Even ten miles out of town that would be over $1000 a month in my area. If it was in town $2500. You lucky dog.

Rick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom